Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
Just Starting..
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Got it going

Well after a lot of work and research (first build, new to the fun) I got my first
quad in the air - complete with video and OSD. (aside from getting
a good working wiring diagram - getting the correct props on
the correct motor was the most difficult part for me....) I ended up not
using the motors that I cut the shafts off and swapped them out for
some T motors. It gets dark fast - but I wanted to see this fly today - sorry
for the fuzzy image - I still have a some tweaking to do - like figure out
how to get into Failsafe mode if needed on the Naza.
Seems to be very stable (my only comparison is the little blade I have been beating the snot out of) - and I didn't have the GoPro mounted.
Next day or so I hope to try some real FPV flying.

More build images here in this gallery.
Kosmos is offline Find More Posts by Kosmos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
The CoG for this frame is a little behind where the center plates meet the rear arms, so this is also where you should try to balance your weight. Also try to get your Naza close as possible to this. Mine is mounted a little behind center, since I still had to leave room for the battery. So, adjust these first, then try increasing your yaw gains. You can go pretty high without oscillation, but if too low, the HT-FPV will "tail wag".
Thanks for your reply.
I put my NAZA FC where the center plate meet the front arms, so I think it's located too forward...

I will have to think about where to room my battery :-S
ozues34 is offline Find More Posts by ozues34
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Feb 2008
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
sorry for the delay of pics but heres how my frame looks.
Does your battery fit behind NAZA FC?
I'm gonna put NAZA FC located as yours but I don't know where to put my battery, it's so large..
ozues34 is offline Find More Posts by ozues34
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:54 AM
Creator of the 1st 6S HT-Flip!
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozues34 View Post
Does your battery fit behind NAZA FC?
I'm gonna put NAZA FC located as yours but I don't know where to put my battery, it's so large..
My battery is a 4400mah 3s so I sling it under the bottom of the frame.
flohio117 is offline Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:37 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozues34 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I put my NAZA FC where the center plate meet the front arms, so I think it's located too forward...

I will have to think about where to room my battery :-S
I have mine mounted where flohio's is and manage to fit a 4000 mah 4s behind it, it hangs off the back end a little, but I need that to counter balance the cameras so it works out.
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
I have mine mounted where flohio's is and manage to fit a 4000 mah 4s behind it, it hangs off the back end a little, but I need that to counter balance the cameras so it works out.
Hey man how long are you flying witha4s 4000? What pack is it?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:15 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Hey man how long are you flying witha4s 4000? What pack is it?
It's hard to tell because of the battery. It's a nano-tech and since day 1 it's had a very large voltage drop when under load. As much as 1.5-2V so I had to turn off my low voltage protection and fly based on mah consumed. And I have read of others having similar issues with the nanos so beware.

All that considered I think I'm getting about 8 minutes. I don't really pay attention to the time.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:20 AM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
I'm running 3300 Nanos on 3s and just doing tuning runs, I'm getting 5-6 min - not what I was expecting. I'm also seeing big voltage drops under load.

On my cellpro - reading 20% full - I put 1600mah back into the battery - do the math.

I just put in an order for the Zippy Compacts to see if they fair any better, these Nanons will have to go into the ground control station.
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:27 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
I'm running 3300 Nanos on 3s and just doing tuning runs, I'm getting 5-6 min - not what I was expecting. I'm also seeing big voltage drops under load.

On my cellpro - reading 20% full - I put 1600mah back into the battery - do the math.

I just put in an order for the Zippy Compacts to see if they fair any better, these Nanons will have to go into the ground control station.
I just ordered some 3600 mah regular turnigys so we'll see how those are. They don't have the high C rating like the nano's but I'm not sure those C ratings are really that accurate anyways.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
I get 8 minutes on the 3300 nano techs...4s....leaves me right at about 3.8 volts per cell..
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:20 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
1,928 Posts
I've had problems with my Nanos too! They lose voltage to 14.5v, after only using 1/3 of the charge. I just land at 14.5v so the flights got shorter and shorter. They got so they were only lasting 3 1/2 minutes. I got some Zippys and they work much better.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
Just Starting..
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
I am running 3300 Nano-tech for my main flight battery - only a few flights under my
belt so I think I am getting about 8 min flight time - not as much as I would
have expected.... Pack I have is rated at 8C but I charge it at 3.3 on an iCharger - should I be charging them lower or okay to run up to 8C ?

Kosmos is offline Find More Posts by Kosmos
Last edited by Kosmos; Nov 19, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
I'm also going to be trying the zippy compacts soon. On my quad I'm flying with a thunder power 4400mah 3s 65c pack and I get about 8 -9 mins but I fly crazy so if I just flew normal I'd prob get 10. When I was using the thunderpower 25c 3300mah I had about 6-7 mins and it flew bad bc the packs couldn't push 35A continues and the flight performance suffered. I'll keep flying 3s 4400 65c packs on my HT frame. But on my new iconic x build I'm going to be running 4s
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:37 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,305 Posts
I love 4s...its like night and day.....probably won't go back to 3s on my ht-fpv....but to each their own...
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
I love 4s...its like night and day.....probably won't go back to 3s on my ht-fpv....but to each their own...
I love 4s also my tris fly on 4s and there awesome. The reason I'm sticking to 3s on my HT frame is because my gaui 960kv motors have a 3mm prop adapter and can't use graupners props so I'm stuck with apc and gaui props. And I don't want to run apc or gaui 8inch props on 4s bc the lift won't really be any better. Also I'm need to use the 3 batteries on something lol but my new iconic x quad is using 850 kv motors and ill be running that on 4s w/ graupner 9 or 10 inch props. It should be one mean flyer