Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:19 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
They are all easy to find on the internet. Get comfortable using ailerons to bank into a turn, using elevator to keep the nose up in the turn, and aileron to end the turn and bring the wings to level. And that's not even a coordinated turn (you'll learn coordinated turns later!)
Dont beat up your trojan trying to do tricks, get comfy with ailerons, making controlled turns, get confident. Do a few loops or maybe a roll, but stay away from most of the other aerobatics until youre confident you can handle the plane at all attitudes.
What could the weather be that you haven't been able to fly in a month?
okay cool thanks. the weather always sucks in the winter. its been too cold and too windy to fly. not to mention that by the time my dad gets home (my only means of transportation to the field since my mom is too busy with house work) its too dark to even fly....but also windy....and cold. its all interrelated. it gets better in the spring and summer though. but since my ember 2 is able to fly in the backyard, it has a whole ton of flights on it.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:34 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Well in that case you may be more better off with a backyard flyer(champ) or LRF(Vapor, heli).
You can't fly the trojan in your front yard?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Well in that case you may be more better off with a backyard flyer(champ) or LRF(Vapor, heli).
You can't fly the trojan in your front yard?
thanks. yeah the champ doesn't seem that bad. i have taken the champ into consideration in the past before. no i cant fly it in my front yard. the front yard has many trees and then the distance between the house across the street is not much....same goes for the sides. the backyard has a lot of trees beyond a certain point and the yard isn't all that large. oh and what does LRF mean?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:53 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
LRF=Living Room Flyer. Back in the day i considered it the holy grail of flying. Until the miniums came out Those changed everything. But anyways! The vapor can fly in your living room depending on the living room(look up some videos on youtube), but may be alot more liberating in your backyard. An MCX2 is wonderful for rainy days, or when your too lazy to go to your backyard to fly.
The vapor is AMAZING!! Yes, easy to get bored with it, but someone once mentioned that you'll get bored with it after two weeks, and then bored a few weeks later you'll see some youtube videos of it and be like OMG AHHHHH i need to fly it how the hell did i get bored!!
The extra 3D would be great for backyard flight, but unless you found a way to 3D your ember, that's a nono.
Electric, have you tried inverted with the ember? I would always loop mine halfway and it would stay inverted pretty well, you can steer around with the rudder and so much fun!! And then you can exit by rolling out with rudder, doing the last half of the loop, or! My favorite trick! I would get the ember inverted, and then at low altitude and full throttle i'd give full down elevator(btw, you should move your control rods to the most inner hole on the control horn, this makes it more fun and opens up more 3 channel aerobatics), and with full down, it would transition from inverted to an inverted harrier and flip over and your going right side up!! A great crowd pleaser(my imaginary crowd )
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:27 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
LRF=Living Room Flyer. Back in the day i considered it the holy grail of flying. Until the miniums came out Those changed everything. But anyways! The vapor can fly in your living room depending on the living room(look up some videos on youtube), but may be alot more liberating in your backyard. An MCX2 is wonderful for rainy days, or when your too lazy to go to your backyard to fly.
The vapor is AMAZING!! Yes, easy to get bored with it, but someone once mentioned that you'll get bored with it after two weeks, and then bored a few weeks later you'll see some youtube videos of it and be like OMG AHHHHH i need to fly it how the hell did i get bored!!
The extra 3D would be great for backyard flight, but unless you found a way to 3D your ember, that's a nono.
Electric, have you tried inverted with the ember? I would always loop mine halfway and it would stay inverted pretty well, you can steer around with the rudder and so much fun!! And then you can exit by rolling out with rudder, doing the last half of the loop, or! My favorite trick! I would get the ember inverted, and then at low altitude and full throttle i'd give full down elevator(btw, you should move your control rods to the most inner hole on the control horn, this makes it more fun and opens up more 3 channel aerobatics), and with full down, it would transition from inverted to an inverted harrier and flip over and your going right side up!! A great crowd pleaser(my imaginary crowd )
oh gosh you are amazing at flying! i get nervous when flying at a high altitude with my ember....let alone doing aerobatics! my throat went all dry once!!! i have never heard of rolling with the rudder....how would you do that?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Its possible with certian planes, like the easystar, not with the ember. I meant rolling out of inverted, so its only a half roll.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Its possible with certian planes, like the easystar, not with the ember. I meant rolling out of inverted, so its only a half roll.
Oh okay thanks.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:55 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Fly your ember, try an outside loop. You might have to be pretty high up, but give full down, no throttle until its almost halfway then full throttle.
Are your pushrods in the inner most holes of the control horn?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Fly your ember, try an outside loop. You might have to be pretty high up, but give full down, no throttle until its almost halfway then full throttle.
Are your pushrods in the inner most holes of the control horn?
yeah they are all the way in. but i have just concluded that im never buying another brushed micro plane again. my ember 2 motor just seized up after only 10 flights! i just replaced the dang thing! im going to need to somehow scoop out the money for brushless UMX planes now....i only have $200 right now.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by electricrc68; Feb 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
For you brushed really isn't that bad. Youre going to need experience or your brushless planes are going to fall apart much faster than brushed motors wear out. They are only ten dollars, and if you treat them right, they usually last almost 100 flights. The motor in my ember lasted almost 150 flights.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
For you brushed really isn't that bad. Youre going to need experience or your brushless planes are going to fall apart much faster than brushed motors wear out. They are only ten dollars, and if you treat them right, they usually last almost 100 flights. The motor in my ember lasted almost 150 flights.
yeah i know that they don't cost much. i've still got to think about it. i just keep hearing about how much better brushless is than brushed though....

EDIT: oh wow. i just found out that it didnt seize up! it was just a little tight from a crash i just had!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by electricrc68; Feb 16, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:17 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
If you have ten flights on the ember, and only one flight on the trojan, a brushless wont be worth it, shall i go through the list?
Stryker- very hard/scary to launch, extremely challenging at mid to high speeds, changing fuselages is not fun.

Beast- Unlimited precision aerobatic ship. You probably don't even know what means(im not trying to be mean, but brushless will beVERY frustrating if you have trouble flying them).

Sbach- even more precision and unlimited, and doesn't have as3x, advanced pilots only.

HT- VTOL 3D. Your trying to get the hang of ailerons, 3D is so far off the map like my hello kitty toaster.

GeeBee- If you have trouble with ailerons, or aren't confident with landing(landing it even scares me!!!!!!)

You need to wait and fly your ember or trojan more. Hanging on this site is probably just making you drool and get anxious. Besides, if you had a vapor, you could be flying it over the compute your typing on
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
If you have ten flights on the ember, and only one flight on the trojan, a brushless wont be worth it, shall i go through the list?
Stryker- very hard/scary to launch, extremely challenging at mid to high speeds, changing fuselages is not fun.

Beast- Unlimited precision aerobatic ship. You probably don't even know what means(im not trying to be mean, but brushless will beVERY frustrating if you have trouble flying them).

Sbach- even more precision and unlimited, and doesn't have as3x, advanced pilots only.

HT- VTOL 3D. Your trying to get the hang of ailerons, 3D is so far off the map like my hello kitty toaster.

GeeBee- If you have trouble with ailerons, or aren't confident with landing(landing it even scares me!!!!!!)

You need to wait and fly your ember or trojan more. Hanging on this site is probably just making you drool and get anxious. Besides, if you had a vapor, you could be flying it over the compute your typing on
okay thanks. well i actually have over 200 flights on my ember 2. the motor i was talking about only has 10 flights on it so far...the one it came with lasted a long time. but yeah the t-28 only has 1 flight. i guess i will hold off on brushless after reading those descriptions! makes me nervous just thinking about it....
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:29 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Okay, 200 flights on the ember is a good amount of experience and exposure. At that level you would REALLY enjoy the Night Vapor, any 4-channel co-axial heli, but the Trojan you have is already the perfect second plane. Eventually you might be able to fly it in your front yard!! The trojan is great at slow flight(why the hell don't i have one?), and once you get good with immelmans and hammerheads you'll be able to fly it in surprisingly small spaces.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined May 2011
4,397 Posts
Quote:
Okay, 200 flights on the ember is a good amount of experience and exposure. At that level you would REALLY enjoy the Night Vapor, any 4-channel co-axial heli, but the Trojan you have is already the perfect second plane. Eventually you might be able to fly it in your front yard!! The trojan is great at slow flight(why the hell don't i have one?), and once you get good with immelmans and hammerheads you'll be able to fly it in surprisingly small spaces.
okay cool thanks. idk i just think that brushless is the way to go. do you think that i may possibly be able to fly a brushless 2s plane after getting really good with the t-28? heck, im even thinking of doing a brushless and 2s conversion for my t-28! oh yeah if it helps, i forgot to mention that my ember 2 has a j-3 cub motor in it.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by electricrc68; Feb 16, 2012 at 05:13 PM.