Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:28 PM
Joined Jan 2005
39 Posts
Discussion
Center of Gravity of "Yellow Aircraft" Phantom F-4 ?

Hi all,

I did buy a second-hand (converted to electric) Phantom F-4 from Yellow Aircraft, but it came without manual.

I can't find on the web where the center of gravity is supposed to be ! Anybody has an idea ?

Greetings,

Davy
MrBean is offline Find More Posts by MrBean
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:37 PM
RL-Composites
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Joined Nov 2007
431 Posts
Davy

Just looked at my manual and it says 8" - 8"1/4 back from the leading edge at the root

Chris
Mavpoint is offline Find More Posts by Mavpoint
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:29 AM
Joined Jan 2005
39 Posts
Hey Chris,

thanx to your help I could make the maiden flight yesterday ! Flies wonderfull...

Greetings and thanx again,

Davy
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:51 PM
USA, NY, Corning
Joined Jul 2000
253 Posts
^^ Details !!! Video !!!

-Kevin
Old Jul 30, 2009, 03:14 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,296 Posts
F4

Hi,
This appears to be Jepe's Yellow Aircraft F4 conversion based on the Fans, Battery setup and the conversion to elevators. Did you buy this from Jepe?
Bob
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Aug 02, 2009, 09:25 AM
Joined Jan 2005
39 Posts
Kevin, Bob,

first of all, sorry for not having a video.

Second, yes it is the Jepe one...

Then, unfortunately I have to say that the Phantom is no more. The second flight was done on Friday at the airfield of Rheidt in Germany.

After a very neat take-off, at about a height of 30m, the plane decided to completely go vertically (nose-up) without any reason. I fled from the group of 7 other flying pilots and tried to save the plane, which at first sight seemed to work. The throttle reacted on my movements, the rest didn't do it always.

Unfortunately, after my first hope, the plane started getting more and more interference. After about 40 seconds of trying to manage the plane to become straight again to land, it decided to turn 180 degrees and smash into the ground.

The plane is now total loss... And a very dissappointed pilot is trying to keep his tears away now.

I did fly with other planes at the same field this weekend, without interference...

Unfortunately, I decided to only change the plane to 2,4 Ghz after this weekend, because otherwise (with new transmitter) a new maiden would have been necessary which I don't like to do on a show ! I didn't have the 2,4 Ghz receivers when the maiden was done...

I have the idea that the interference came from the 2x 1200W engines on my (40 Mhz) receiver. I would have no other idea why this happened!

Now looking for another nice plane for 2x 90mm fans...

Greetings,

Davy
Old May 25, 2014, 01:05 PM
Australia, NSW, Albury
Joined Jul 2010
44 Posts
Yellow F-4E manual wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavpoint View Post
Davy

Just looked at my manual and it says 8" - 8"1/4 back from the leading edge at the root

Chris
If you still have your Yellow F-4E manual would you care to sell it (or a copy) to me please ? PM me.
plasticbaldy is offline Find More Posts by plasticbaldy
Old May 25, 2014, 01:13 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,223 Posts
No experience with 40 MHz but when I used to fly 72 in edf over about 1,500 watts I'd use a vertical whip at the front of the plane. Lost a model or two before I adopted that. Sorry for your loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
Kevin, Bob,

first of all, sorry for not having a video.

Second, yes it is the Jepe one...

Then, unfortunately I have to say that the Phantom is no more. The second flight was done on Friday at the airfield of Rheidt in Germany.

After a very neat take-off, at about a height of 30m, the plane decided to completely go vertically (nose-up) without any reason. I fled from the group of 7 other flying pilots and tried to save the plane, which at first sight seemed to work. The throttle reacted on my movements, the rest didn't do it always.

Unfortunately, after my first hope, the plane started getting more and more interference. After about 40 seconds of trying to manage the plane to become straight again to land, it decided to turn 180 degrees and smash into the ground.

The plane is now total loss... And a very dissappointed pilot is trying to keep his tears away now.

I did fly with other planes at the same field this weekend, without interference...

Unfortunately, I decided to only change the plane to 2,4 Ghz after this weekend, because otherwise (with new transmitter) a new maiden would have been necessary which I don't like to do on a show ! I didn't have the 2,4 Ghz receivers when the maiden was done...

I have the idea that the interference came from the 2x 1200W engines on my (40 Mhz) receiver. I would have no other idea why this happened!

Now looking for another nice plane for 2x 90mm fans...

Greetings,

Davy
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True