HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by SilentHunter, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Build Log
Connie

The Constellation is coming along nicely. I found some great plans of the real plane finally and am modifying mine accordingly. The idea is to make kits for this which include:

Fiberglass fuselage
Fiberglass nacelle "skins"
Resin cast thin wall cowls
Full plans set for built up wings and stabs
Other minor detail parts, castings and layups TBD

Im keeping it relatively simple. I know in this world of instant Chinese low cost gratification with mediocre cookie cutter models, there are still some who like to build and have something special. Or at least im fooling myself into thinking so in order to finish this!

Thats the idea anyway. Im sending a first fuselage and plans set to Mike Neff AKA "Neffwaffe" so im sure he will be flying it in not too long!
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,651 Posts
Very Cool Rick,. . . . .damm your good!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:19 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,160 Posts
Talk about special. I am so glad you are building this. And you are right, the cookie cutter airplanes are sometimes so bad when it comes to realism and scale details it's sad to see them actually. One comes to mind and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but the Hobby King Gulfstream is just so bad it's nearly criminal - the passenger windows being the worst (at least they are fixable). And on the other hand, Ming's Windrider 737 is a pleasant deviation from the Hobby King effort - Ming's 737 is actually very nice, a credit to the genre.

But this Connie will be really, really special. Keep it up!
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:12 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,659 Posts
Sad to see Connie's sitting around rotting, Geeta to see you treating them with honor !
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.