HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:24 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,510 Posts
Wow, we are into some kinda record here.

Its been 10 weeks since any Freebie over $100

and 7 weeks since any Freebie - period.

Did I miss some news on this or something??
idletime is online now Find More Posts by idletime
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:00 AM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
Wow, we are into some kinda record here.

Its been 10 weeks since any Freebie over $100

and 7 weeks since any Freebie - period.

Did I miss some news on this or something??
Yeah, I've been holding off on my orders and in the waiting mode until we see a freebie, but I don't think that we will see one soon. My guess is that HK had a good Christmas buying season and may not need to clear their shelves.

Also, the Chinese New Year is coming up on Feb 10, and the whole country shuts down for a number of weeks during that time. If you need something, order it now......
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:41 AM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Yeah I was hoping their would be a freebie between Christmas and Chinese New Year but it doesn't look like its going to happen till after the Chinese New Year.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:45 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
As soon as Hobby King offers to give a Freewing SU35 out for free with a $100.00 purchase I am in!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:43 AM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
677 Posts
Freebie is 150$ since couple months now, not 100$ anymore!
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by real bob View Post
Freebie is 150$ since couple months now, not 100$ anymore!
150.00! you are kidding! for that amount they would have to offer me two Freewing SU35s for free with $150.00 purchase!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:01 PM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
As soon as Hobby King offers to give a Freewing SU35 out for free with a $100.00 purchase I am in!
I was hoping for the SU-35 to be a freebie for the last year but its a good seller so I don't think it would ever be out on freebie. So I just bought one outright instead, I know you've got one too Goldsworthy

I'm still waiting for the p-47 1600mm or p-40 1700mm though would love to get my hands on one of those as I missed out last time.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:07 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigsw001 View Post
I was hoping for the SU-35 to be a freebie for the last year but its a good seller so I don't think it would ever be out on freebie. So I just bought one outright instead, I know you've got one too Goldsworthy

I'm still waiting for the p-47 1600mm or p-40 1700mm though would love to get my hands on one of those as I missed out last time.
CHEEZUS......they gave away a 1700mm P-40?? MIIIIIISSSEEED ITTTTTTTT
Kev71H is online now Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:30 PM
FPV Noob KD0VMK
United States, MO, Platte City
Joined Jun 2012
431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
Yes, but very few could actually figure out how to get it. For 90% of us, it just said the package was too large to ship. It was possible to make it ship by adding a magic combo of random things to your cart, but I never figured it out.

So I don't think you missed much. Lots of us tried to buy it and failed.
Chubbs is offline Find More Posts by Chubbs
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:23 PM
Crash and crash!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2010
677 Posts
Yup, never got it to ship, always too big!
realbob is offline Find More Posts by realbob
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:03 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
In fact, they did it TWICE!!! (So I got two). Sadly, that was very late in fall, so they are still in the boxes, waiting for spring to show up. And on the last one, they even gave us $30 credit because the retracts are flimsy. (so we could buy another set of retract).

No wonder HK is getting a huge chunck of my hobby money!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
Yes, but very few could actually figure out how to get it. For 90% of us, it just said the package was too large to ship. It was possible to make it ship by adding a magic combo of random things to your cart, but I never figured it out.

So I don't think you missed much. Lots of us tried to buy it and failed.
It should not be this hard! if you buy the required amounts they should add the free item!. If for some reason the free item will not fit in the same box as your paid items, they should automatically pack and ship the free item at HK expense!. Also if you have already got 1 free item they should automatically keep track of what kind and date you won the free item. You should NOT be able to get the same free item again for at least for 6 months as others need one also. You should however be able to get another free item other than the 1st one however.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:58 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Dec 2011
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
It should not be this hard! if you buy the required amounts they should add the free item!. If for some reason the free item will not fit in the same box as your paid items, they should automatically pack and ship the free item at HK expense!. Also if you have already got 1 free item they should automatically keep track of what kind and date you won the free item. You should NOT be able to get the same free item again for at least for 6 months as others need one also. You should however be able to get another free item other than the 1st one however.
No they should let you get two of them if you spend 300, 3 @ 450 ect ect, they want to have people spend and move crap, although if it does not fit in the box, let the buyer get the new box if they want the item. Love the .65 cent screws that take a 40 dollar box. OK not quite that bad but you get the idea.
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:17 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Man goldsorthy.... there's a lot of rules up in your head that others have to live by lol. its their game, their rules. Don't like them (like me) then don't play (like me).
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Man goldsorthy.... there's a lot of rules up in your head that others have to live by lol. its their game, their rules. Don't like them (like me) then don't play (like me).
The most important thing is YOUR MONEY not their rules. Without your money the whole staff at HK would be liveing on top of the great wall!. You are the customer YOU make the rules they dont!