HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm the one who took the video, just posting to confirm that the release date was very uncertain (they basically said they have been already disappointed too many times to confirm it will be ready for May but that they really hope so).
Should you be interested the full link to our article is:
http://www.baronerosso.it/modellismo...erga-2012.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedaso View Post
Towards the end of that video, the Hacker fellow says:
"However at this time we cannot say exactly when this product will be available... we have been told May this year."

The Italian fellows who took that video also said on their website (www.baronerosso.it, care of google translations):
"Unfortunately, the news on marketing are not very good, yet there is currently no official release date for Version German / English, we say informally that should occur by the end of the first half of 2012".

Oh well, I'm sure it will be a nice radio when it arrives
Kappa is offline Find More Posts by Kappa
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:04 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Feb 2002
1,026 Posts
Welcome Kappa. Nice videos !

Did you get a chance to play with either the MPX Profi TX or the Jeti DS16, and see the details of the software ?
Geoff_S is offline Find More Posts by Geoff_S
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:44 AM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Thank you, Gedaso
we also filmed the Profi TX and the Graupner MC32, video on the top right.
We played with the software but didn't have the time to explore it deeply so our comments would be superficial.
About the ds-16 I'm sorry but it wasn't available at the stand.
About the other stands we still have a lot of videos/photos to publish in the next days.

Quote:
Welcome Kappa. Nice videos !

Did you get a chance to play with either the MPX Profi TX or the Jeti DS16, and see the details of the software ?
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:20 AM
F3B
Warwickshire, England
Joined Sep 2006
5,501 Posts
what is causing the delay with the Jeti DS-16?

Is it caused be a sub contractor or software development etc?
You said jeti were disappointed by delays.
satinet is offline Find More Posts by satinet
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:56 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Towards the end of that video, the Hacker fellow says:
"However at this time we cannot say exactly when this product will be available... we have been told May this year."

The Italian fellows who took that video also said on their website (www.baronerosso.it, care of google translations):
"Unfortunately, the news on marketing are not very good, yet there is currently no official release date for Version German / English, we say informally that should occur by the end of the first half of 2012".

Oh well, I'm sure it will be a nice radio when it arrives
Ugggh... it just gets worse. Do the European RC manufacturers not really want our money? First Graupner with the MC32, now Multiplex and Jeti...

I really don't want to go for an asian radio - previous experiences have not been good and I generally hate the styling - but at this rate the Aurora 9 is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore.
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:58 AM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Yes, we spoke with two people and both were very, very disappointed by the delays as much as they were confident about the final product. I'm sure they are pressing for it. About the release date they were always speaking in third person like "we have been told", "they have said" etc but I cannot say if they were speaking about the company or about external contractors.
This can also be heard in the video:
"as of today we cannot tell you exactly when this product will be available, we have been told May".
Speaking about the dc-16, of course.
Aside from the release date I must add that, as a first impression, we really liked the overall design/quality of the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinet View Post
what is causing the delay with the Jeti DS-16?

Is it caused be a sub contractor or software development etc?
You said jeti were disappointed by delays.
Last edited by Kappa; Feb 08, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:33 PM
Czech Republic, HlavnÝ město Praha, Prague
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Two new videos showing how DC-16 timers work:

Jeti DC-16 F5B Timer (1 min 51 sec)

Jeti DC-16 Timer Test (1 min 35 sec)

A few ppl here are currently betatesting DC-16 for Jeti.
According to them the DC-16 is TX like no other with very nice and wide programming possibilities. Still no word on release date...

Martin
http://www.PiNa.cz
PiNa is offline Find More Posts by PiNa
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:29 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Do the European RC manufacturers not really want our money? First Graupner with the MC32, now Multiplex and Jeti... :confused
I think there are several issues here.

1. We live in modern times and manufacturers like to release spoilers way ahead of time. This generates interest and speculation on the internet in the hope that you/we will stick with what we have until it's released.

2. It's not just European manufacturers who do it. Just one example would be the 10-channel Spektrum transmitter that was announced about the same time and still hasn't surfaced.

3. [this is the big one, IMHO] Would you prefer that it was released 6-months ago and then recalled. There have been many cases of product recalls recently and I wonder if Jeti and the others are making sure that they don't get it wrong?
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:26 PM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
I think there are several issues here.

1. We live in modern times and manufacturers like to release spoilers way ahead of time. This generates interest and speculation on the internet in the hope that you/we will stick with what we have until it's released.

2. It's not just European manufacturers who do it. Just one example would be the 10-channel Spektrum transmitter that was announced about the same time and still hasn't surfaced.
True in many cases, but the companies with the very best products and brands (Apple, Amazon, Dyson etc) don't tend do this; they announce the new product in a well coordinated launch and within days it's in the shops. IMO that's because a) they've done their market researchquietly but carefully, and b) they've built up brand loyalty over time by consistently delivering high quality products people want to own. I wonder why RC manufacturers don't think this way?

Quote:
3. [this is the big one, IMHO] Would you prefer that it was released 6-months ago and then recalled. There have been many cases of product recalls recently and I wonder if Jeti and the others are making sure that they don't get it wrong?
Yes, I suspect in Jeti's case you are right - they are new to this area and need to be cautious so they don't have problems early on that put potential customers off. Also as a very small producer are always more likely to have problems with suppliers than the bigger companies.

Multiplex though are different - they already have a great track record in all things RC, so how come they've made such a mess of this Profi announcement? I can only think that there were internal pressures pushing them to get something out of the door before it was really ready; combine that with an ill thought out tagline and social media campaign and it's all a bit of a PR disaster.
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MattyB; Feb 08, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:33 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,054 Posts
Quote:
The DX10t was shipping the week before Nuremberg, Mike.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:12 PM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Point taken...they're not as slow to market but it's still been a long time!
Mike Seale is offline Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:03 AM
Czech Republic, HlavnÝ město Praha, Prague
Joined Jul 2004
1,508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
True in many cases, but the companies with the very best products and brands (Apple, Amazon, Dyson etc) don't tend do this; they announce the new product in a well coordinated launch and within days it's in the shops. IMO that's because a) they've done their market researchquietly but carefully, and b) they've built up brand loyalty over time by consistently delivering high quality products people want to own. I wonder why RC manufacturers don't think this way?

Yes, I suspect in Jeti's case you are right - they are new to this area and need to be cautious so they don't have problems early on that put potential customers off. Also as a very small producer are always more likely to have problems with suppliers than the bigger companies.
I think you can't compare JETI nor MPX nor any other RC producers to Apple, Amazon etc. In comparison with them they are just companies that operate in a garage with tiny user's/customer's base. They don't have a comparable budget for PR/marketing there are no managers responsible for product release and so on.

FWIK there are no problems with suppliers on Jeti's side. They just want to be sure their product is going to be 100% when it hits the market. They've invested lots of money and time to their new TXs and in case of failure it'd be the end of Jeti as we know them. They are polishing and adding new features suggested by beta testers to FW now.

Martin
http://www.PiNa.cz
PiNa is offline Find More Posts by PiNa
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:14 AM
France, IdF, Courbevoie
Joined Jan 2008
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
Dear Andy,
I've seen that the DX10 is avalaible in some german resellers (nothing in France for the moment) for a price around 800 euros. Cool but could you tell me why it still annouced for April on the Spektrum website and tell me why there is some manuals for the different switch modules and nothing yet for the transmitter itself except a poor 40 pages manual on the german Horizon Hobby website ??

Last question, on some pictures I've seen the DX10 with orange sticks equiped with switch. Is it an option or is it a "private" customization ( do I need in the future to "pimp my transmitter" )

Regards

Scuba13
scuba13 is offline Find More Posts by scuba13
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:17 AM
Suomi, Lńnsi-Suomi, Uurainen
Joined Jan 2004
672 Posts
I'd rather take a product which is a year or more late and well developed than a product which is hurriedly developed, released and recalled after some months. I think even Spektrum has learnt this given the delays of the DX10t.
Harri Pihl is offline Find More Posts by Harri Pihl
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:43 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba13 View Post
I've seen that the DX10 is avalaible in some german resellers (nothing in France for the moment) for a price around 800 euros. Cool but could you tell me why it still annouced for April on the Spektrum website and tell me why there is some manuals for the different switch modules and nothing yet for the transmitter itself except a poor 40 pages manual on the german Horizon Hobby website ??
You need to talk to your local office. The Germans control this radio, not us.

As for websites being out of sync, that happens to more companies than just Spektrum!

Quote:
Last question, on some pictures I've seen the DX10 with orange sticks equiped with switch. Is it an option or is it a "private" customization ( do I need in the future to "pimp my transmitter" )
Those are an option. The stock sticks include two momentary switches each (top and side away from the pilot). The orange sticks have a 3-pos switch in the top, mostly for the glider and jet people. The AirWare supports both types, it just needs to be told which is installed so it knows how they need to be interpreted.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor