HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:14 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantos_pt View Post
Hello!

I'am using on my parkjet the turnigy 2632 3400kv on 3s. The speed is about 100 mph and it also can do very fast vertical. I made a video with some pictures of the assembly and some footage of some high speed passages. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRFy...&feature=g-upl

Cheers!
Gonšalo
Nice flying!
Same setup I had except hxt500s and 1000 3s.

You still on stock elevons?
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:18 PM
Registered User
gsantos_pt's Avatar
Portugal
Joined Feb 2011
67 Posts
Hello!
I added some carbon spars to elevons for make them more rigid. This setup is really nice because the plane still not heavy.
Cheers
gsantos_pt is offline Find More Posts by gsantos_pt
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:55 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
Here in the states we can get every piece of the airframe minus electronics for $60.
Can you get reasonable shipping from HorizonHobbies?
The other good source I use is WholesaleTrains.
They won't ship here and not many shops will, plus freight is quite expensive, if any of you know a shop overthere willing to send over here I might try to arrange a decent order.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:10 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
They won't ship here and not many shops will, plus freight is quite expensive, if any of you know a shop overthere willing to send over here I might try to arrange a decent order.
Large envelopes aren't too expensive (yet) but as soon as any item is posted in a box it's considered a 'parcel' and minimum shipping rates apply - starting at $50-75 USD for 0.5 pound. (ie, USPS etc)

so there's really no point trying to import something 'on the cheap' ...
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:56 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
Large envelopes aren't too expensive (yet) but as soon as any item is posted in a box it's considered a 'parcel' and minimum shipping rates apply - starting at $50-75 USD for 0.5 pound. (ie, USPS etc)

so there's really no point trying to import something 'on the cheap' ...
I didn't know you could get a envelope big enough to fit the fuz in lol.
aeromaniac is online now Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:16 AM
Registered User
amba's Avatar
Joined Feb 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantos_pt View Post
Hello!

I'am using on my parkjet the turnigy 2632 3400kv on 3s. The speed is about 100 mph and it also can do very fast vertical. I made a video with some pictures of the assembly and some footage of some high speed passages. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iRFy...&feature=g-upl

Cheers!
Gonšalo
Nice review
I noticed you mounted the motor on the stick, did you modify the angle or did you leave it pointing above cg?
Haven't you encountered 'node down' phenomena on hand-launch?

Thanks!
amba is offline Find More Posts by amba
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:26 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsantos_pt View Post
Hello!

I'am using on my parkjet the turnigy 2632 3400kv on 3s. The speed is about 100 mph and it also can do very fast vertical.............
Cheers!
Gonšalo
100mph is about the V2 stock set-up capability at WOT ....

With a 3400kv motor - you should be able to go significantly higher than 100mph. My 3700kv on 3S, 4.75x4.75 hits 183 - 195kph which is much higher than the 100mph. On a good day - I can hit over 205kph with a 5x5 prop on it.

I have all parts now to create my twin prop PKJ .... so watch out people !! The Mean Machine is about to appear ....

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:26 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
100mph is about the V2 stock set-up capability at WOT ....

With a 3400kv motor - you should be able to go significantly higher than 100mph. My 3700kv on 3S, 4.75x4.75 hits 183 - 195kph which is much higher than the 100mph. On a good day - I can hit over 205kph with a 5x5 prop on it.

I have all parts now to create my twin prop PKJ .... so watch out people !! The Mean Machine is about to appear ....

Nigel
...then disappear, quite quickly, after screaming low over the runway.
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:40 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
...then disappear, quite quickly, after screaming low over the runway.
The adrenaline rush of the over 200kph machines is indescribable ... what do you think with a twin that may even hit the magic 275kph ?

Seriously at 130 - 150kph which a stock machine can do ... stick a 4S in and see the thing go ! That's an experience that tests many ...
Once you get into speed - it's addictive.

I'm building a Depron F16 ... already I've beefed up the central spine fuselage .. have doubled up the rod stiffening on wings and tail ... intention is NOT to stay at the 80mph of the oroginal plans model - but push it well over 100mph.

solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
Gravity sucks.
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Mar 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
The adrenaline rush of the over 200kph machines is indescribable ... what do you think with a twin that may even hit the magic 275kph ?

Seriously at 130 - 150kph which a stock machine can do ... stick a 4S in and see the thing go ! That's an experience that tests many ...
Once you get into speed - it's addictive.

I'm building a Depron F16 ... already I've beefed up the central spine fuselage .. have doubled up the rod stiffening on wings and tail ... intention is NOT to stay at the 80mph of the oroginal plans model - but push it well over 100mph.

twin will surely give you better static thrust low down, but how much prop pitch do you need to get to 275km?
how much static thrust will that kind of prop pitch give on launch?
m_ark is offline Find More Posts by m_ark
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:37 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_ark View Post
twin will surely give you better static thrust low down, but how much prop pitch do you need to get to 275km?
how much static thrust will that kind of prop pitch give on launch?
Many don't believe you can compare water craft to air .. but in fact fluid dynamics is just that ... the density of the fluid just alters equations.

Watch serious power boats and you see twin set-ups. As boater - I know that a single 250hp motor cannot beat a twin 250hp setup, ie 2 x 125 hp.

There is logic in my madness ... the twin set-up with contra props will remove the demon torque problems of high power.

The pitch speed before losses of a 5x5 prop at the revs I'm looking at is well over 350kph. After losses and as it's a twin giving that extra ... I reckon she can hit it. Even if she doesn't - it will be fun trying.

I'm just surprised that I seem to be only one going for it !

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:53 AM
Registered User
Finlande
Joined Dec 2007
422 Posts
Hello Solentlife !

No, you're not alone going wild with this small beast . I am building again my Parkjet with the setup I had before and I hope to get a bit over 210 kph like it did .

like you say, a fast pass at over 200 kph on that plane is quite indecribable .

i don't know how your twin will perform . I thought that a twin would add to the drag and result in poorer performances than a single motor with same level power . D'ont know for sure, this is only what I read in other threads but it"ll be interesting to see how it performs .

What battery are you planning to use ? I still think this is the limiting factor in our system and you"ll need a lot of watts to get over 210 kph .

Good luck and post some pics and more details about motors , props and ESCs you are going to use .
Jpette is offline Find More Posts by Jpette
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
The plan is to set the motors into the vertical fins low down with beam mounts. That way the airflow is already split to flow over the fins. Helping avoid the brick-wall of motor mounts ....

The two motors are modest motors ... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=21975

and will have separate ESC's ...

Power will be from 3S initially ... working up to 4S - but motors listing say 3S max. Well - you know what they say about rules !

Prop will be modest contra 4.1's till settled in ... then working up testing till I find the ideal set-up. I guess the 4.5 to 4.75 will be best ... 5x5 will be too much load I reckon.

It's all test bed at moment .... work is intruding into my real sport !

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:39 AM
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Nigel I have to say.YOUR NUTS hehehehe but I love your idea.I got my Flycat this week which I'll be running on an HK Alloy 50mm fan,so that's my newest project for now,I'm hoping for 200......
Then I want to order a new PJ kit,since I toasted mine fairly badly the other day.not going to go crazy but will have a 70g 3500kv motor on 3s and 4.75x4.75 prop.So I might hit 200 with that setup.will see I guess
post some pics when you have a gap
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:00 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
solentlife's Avatar
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Nigel I have to say.YOUR NUTS hehehehe but I love your idea.I got my Flycat this week which I'll be running on an HK Alloy 50mm fan,so that's my newest project for now,I'm hoping for 200......
Then I want to order a new PJ kit,since I toasted mine fairly badly the other day.not going to go crazy but will have a 70g 3500kv motor on 3s and 4.75x4.75 prop.So I might hit 200 with that setup.will see I guess
post some pics when you have a gap
Nuts ? Yeh - I know ..... all the guys I fly with wait to see my latest ... they reckon I'm crazy ! BUT they all stop and watch !!

3500 + 4.75 + 3S ... as long as the ESC and LiPo are capable of the high amps she'll draw ... (similar to mine maybe at ~60A) ... she'll approach the 200kph barrier. I had 193kph on a similar set-up .... once I re-fitted the 5x5 - I was back into the 210kph arena..... but amps draw was horrendous.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby lobby F9F Panther EPO Jet Receiver Ready ARF smasher41 Foamy EDFs 993 Aug 21, 2014 09:27 AM
Discussion HK AT-6 Texan EPO Plug-n-Fly 29.5" w/s stuart warne Electric Warbirds 12 Jun 14, 2011 02:47 AM
For Sale HK Mini-PITTS -- EPO, Brushless, Plug 'n Fly WRXronald Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Aug 04, 2010 10:03 PM
New Product New HK Mini F-16 EDF Fighter Jet / EPO Plug-n-Fly CrashingDutchman Foamy EDFs 13 Jul 01, 2010 11:15 PM
Discussion HK's EPO F-16 WRXronald Foamy EDFs 5 Apr 11, 2010 02:47 PM