HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:10 PM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpalms View Post
Quality might cost a little more but it also lasts. Compared to the cost of actually flying it isn't much. An indoor flying session costs me as much as £10 a time plus maybe £5-£10 in petrol. Do that a few times a month and same price as the Axi :-) a competition weekend will cost me more than a Glavak. Might as well have good reliable gear for the job.

My competition model cost me more than my outdoor practice model :-)

Dave
My Axi's are now on there 4th year Dave, so more than paid for, and we fly each and every week that the schools open. So lets say 40 weeks a year 5 flights a week for 4 years = 800 flights thats 5.6p per flight so far and that excludes the outdoor flying in the garden when the weather permits too. Worth every penny in my mind. In actual fact we spend more in Curries for indoor flying in a year than we do on motors and batteries for the same years flying
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:14 PM
WWII combat fan
Huddersfield
Joined Jul 2008
148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
You pay your money and take your choice. For European pilots the biggest problem with the Hacker is the noise, not the cost or availability
I found them "lazy" as well - I'm happy user of turnigy 2204/14 and AXI
- Hacker is a NO !!!
Response to throttle is delayed (tried few different ESC's, and it always had this moment of hesitation) , is not that smooth.
mammuth is offline Find More Posts by mammuth
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:18 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
I do have to agree that Hackers can scream on an airplane. I have had my 9l on two planes that resonated with that motor just right. Those were just SOO awefully loud. I mean it was about as loud as my 48 inch electrics.
I understand why you guys buy the best of the best for F3P. I know from designing my silly little flippity floppers that there is a lot of work involved in designing, building, and getting used to you own airplane. For F3P it is the complications I have times a many to get a plane that is light enough, to get a plane that flies well enough. There is a lot of work. I would like to build a legit F3P model someday and learn a schedule, would be kinda funny practicing F3P in my yard though. I'd have to do my 2/4 CW roll half circle to 2/4 CCW roll finishing the circle around a tree. Would make it more interesting I bet.
You guys that do the F3P seriously are amazing though, for real. That is a lot of work. I mean, I get proud of myself when I do a good slow 4 point hesitation roll a foot off the ground, but that is just a normal day for an F3P guy.

Chris G.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:40 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Getting a new prop tommorow (6x3.5 Slo Fly) as i broke the lastr one .. also made some mods to the fuse and Tail.... and that it should now have now coupling at all now..

gonna Re-Maiden it tommorow..

K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:58 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Did some Quick sums and worked out i have 170watts/lb
and i also to shave off some wieght i de-soldered the ESC wires and directley soldered the motor to the ESC which also did away with the jumpy start and grinding on startup...
now WHO WANTS SOME VIDEO!!!
K
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:24 PM
Mr. Foam, Tape, and Carbon
Joined Feb 2011
292 Posts
I do.
RCvehicleGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCvehicleGuy
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:36 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
852 Posts
Why not

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
right ho! im gonna go flying the moment i wake up.. at 11am GMT thats in 7 hours! as i type this im using the old dental floss bracing trick to make her a lil more torsionally strong K
Last edited by Keenan smith; Oct 06, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:31 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Got the Flying done ... was ill today so i didn't do anything special in terms of manuevers...
i will uplload the video when i fell a bit better

K