HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:28 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Dec 2008
276 Posts
Discussion
Slope flying sites

The attached pdf is a list of Bay Area slope flying sites from another slope enthusiast. Sorry that I don't have his name to give him credit.

Noel
Noel Eberhardt is offline Find More Posts by Noel Eberhardt
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:48 PM
Saratoga, CA
Joined Feb 2009
245 Posts
Truckee, CA

Name: slope site north.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 219.5 KB
Description:

Looking north. The ridge is a 1/2 mile and all flyable. Landing is not bad. Down slope but up wind. With practice it's not bad.

Name: TD Slope site 2.jpg
Views: 34
Size: 69.0 KB
Description:

This is the area in a 360 degree picture.

This is a 1/2 hr hike to fly.
Tim.Ellis is offline Find More Posts by Tim.Ellis
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
41 Posts
Tim can you give some directions from Truckee for this the Truckee site.

Al
AJ492 is offline Find More Posts by AJ492
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
Saratoga, CA
Joined Feb 2009
245 Posts
Truckee site

Hi Al,
I could not find my orginal pictures and map so here is a link to another post I made with directions.

http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopi...=7432&start=16

Look on the third page of this post. There is a map I marked up. The site is out of Tahoe - Donner. Park in the parking lot and hike it. Here is a google map to the parking lot.

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=G...ra=ls&t=m&z=16

Let me know if you are going to be in Tahoee and want to fly. If I'm up I'll meet you to fly. It's a great place very smooth air with lift out in front and up as far as I am willing to fly a Weasel with a park zone receiver.

If you do hike in toward the end of the hike you go up a hill. The road runs along the top of the ridge. When the road starts to flaten out you will see a pile of rocks to the left with a small trail out to them. Take that trail over the top of the ridge past the rock pile. (The pile is 4 ft high and 6+ft long you will see it). From here to right or north 100 yards along the slope and pick yourself out a good spot to fly. You may be tempted to go down the slope a bit but there is no need. I think it should be obvious once you get there.
-tim
Tim.Ellis is offline Find More Posts by Tim.Ellis
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:38 PM
tpczx6
USA, CA, Fremont
Joined Oct 2005
247 Posts
Also a thred on slope sites here
http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7432
tpczx6 is offline Find More Posts by tpczx6