HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:05 AM
Joined May 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Possum View Post
Can you share specifically which receiver you use on the TH Crack Yack? I dont know much about how to buy this stuff. I use spektrum. Also which servos would you recommend?
I'm using the Lemon DSM2 Spektrum Compatible 6-Channel Receiver (Feather Light, End-Pin) on my Crack YAK. . Only $5.75 each! I'm using the Spectrum DX6i transmitter. Here is the link.
http://www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.p...&product_id=92
I have not tried the Lemon DSMX 7-Channel with Stabilizer receiver in the Crack Yak, but it would probably work well, I use them in all my 900mm planes. If it is windy though I usually dont fly the crack Yak but go for the Yak54 900mm instead, so I really dont need the stabilizer in the Crack Yak. I use the Crack Yak mostly for slow speed 3D stuff and I need fairly calm winds for that.
I use cheap Tower Hobbies 5g servo's for rudder and elevator and 9g for the aileron on Crack Yak. I have so far replaced them once each, but they are dirt cheap. The HXT's would probably last longer, but they were out of stock when I ordered.
My Yak 54 and Extra 330 900mm planes have had just the rudder servo replaced on each of them (around 80 flights on each of them), the result of hovering too close to the ground and landing on the rudder! But they are even easier to change out than the crack yak. ....
Paleomanjim is offline Find More Posts by Paleomanjim
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:44 PM
Joined Jan 2008
23 Posts
Hi, All,
We have quite a few Tech One planes. We're having issues with the Hobby King 3Axis stabilizers, version 2. I didn't do the original install on my Yak 54, but I'm reinstalling it, and find I don't have complete instructions.

I'm thinking I have the wrong end of the stabilizer forward. On the stabilizer with the receiver built in, the instructions have the connectors toward the rear of the airplane. On my stabilizer, the connectors are toward the front. But, I have nothing that says which end is forward.

Does anyone have the complete instructions? If so, could you verify the placement of the stabilizer? Connectors front or connectors to the back. This could be the reason for the 'issues'. I've been flying the plane for over a year with the stabilizer, and at times it seemed confused, but I always assumed it was me that was confused.

Thanks for any help. Boni
Flyer Girl is offline Find More Posts by Flyer Girl
Old Aug 26, 2014, 08:08 PM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,292 Posts
Boni, rather than adjust which way it's pointed, suggest you use the reverse switches as required?

If you hold the plane's nose pointed at you, when you swing the tail to the left, the rudder should move in the same direction. Same with the elevator. Move the tail up, the elevator should raise. Roll the plane in either direction, and the aileron on the wing going up should raise.

Depending on how you have it installed, the tail coming up could cause the rudder or ailerons to move. Just switch those functions at the stabilizer connectors to correct.
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks