Old Mar 04, 2015, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by randall_l
Just here for the pie.
Canada, BC, Ashcroft
Joined Jun 2011
435 Posts
Discussion
Canadian warehouse please!

Having warehouses in the USA doesn't help us Canadians. In most cases, shipping is significantly more expensive from the USA warehouses than it is from the Hong Kong warehouse. In addition, customs brokerage fees seem to get added to every order from the USA. This essentially makes it cheaper (including fuel) for me to drive an hour and a half to my closest local hobby shop than to order on line.

I'd like to see a HobbyKing warehouse in Canada. What needs to happen to make a Canadian warehouse a reality?

A shameless plug... Where I live has a new container facility (with access to both trans-canada rail lines) and fairly low property values ideal for setting up a warehouse for an online vendor such as HobbyKing.

Thanks in advance for your help/constructive feedback.

Cheers!
Randall
randall_l is offline Find More Posts by randall_l
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2015, 07:16 AM
Find More Posts by startazz
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,908 Posts
I hope you get your wish Randal because I can remember the days when us boys in the UK could only buy from the Hong Kong warehouse and the European one,i was always hoping and asking for a UK warehouse,so when it did happen I was over the moon and the best part was it opened up about 45 miles or so away,so if I ever need a product really fast I could always jump in the car and go pick it up,but to this day I haven't needed to.

Good luck mate and I really do hope you get a warehouse in Canada.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Mar 07, 2015, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by goldguy
flyin' fool
Vancouver Island, Canada
Joined Jul 2003
7,629 Posts
I guess it all depends where you live. Before the move to Oregon, I could order from the Washington WH on Friday and have it at my door on Monday morning by Purolator with no extra charges, and cheaper than from Hong Kong when you factor in the total cost.

If one happens here, it will be back east where the bulk of the population live, not here on the left coast.
goldguy is offline Find More Posts by goldguy
Old Mar 17, 2015, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,614 Posts
hopefully

yeah, most likely toronto or surroundings.
but sure we canadians would like it.
as long as the total is about the same as if buying from hk main.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Mar 17, 2015, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by goldguy
flyin' fool
Vancouver Island, Canada
Joined Jul 2003
7,629 Posts
Now from Oregon there's no more Purolator . So now we're looking at an extra $10 in shipping for up to 2kg , plus brokerage fee of $10 and taxes with Fedex.

And that not because of batteries.
goldguy is offline Find More Posts by goldguy