Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:11 AM
Find More Posts by mhendrix
In thrust we trust.
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jun 2013
346 Posts
Discussion
Getting Started

Hello friends, I'm wondering if anyone can point me to the best turbine beginners guide? I am ready to start saving for my first project. Pros and Cons, ways to start cheap if possible, etc.

Thank you
mhendrix is offline Find More Posts by mhendrix
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2015, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by gunradd
KingtechUSA
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Apr 2009
2,934 Posts
Best thing to do is see your local turbine flyers. I see you in Florida. I fly at Ocala its a bit of a drive for you but your more then welcome to meet me out their sometime.

I am currently helping out 3 other guys get turbine waivers.
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Jul 24, 2015, 02:09 PM
Find More Posts by mhendrix
In thrust we trust.
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jun 2013
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
Best thing to do is see your local turbine flyers. I see you in Florida. I fly at Ocala its a bit of a drive for you but your more then welcome to meet me out their sometime.

I am currently helping out 3 other guys get turbine waivers.
Thank you! Ocala is no problem for me, I go to south FL all the time to visit family. Is it possible to obtain the waiver without investing in my own Jet? That is ideal. I will shoot you a PM
mhendrix is offline Find More Posts by mhendrix
Old Jul 24, 2015, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by crisom01
Joined Aug 2013
56 Posts
In all fairness, the evaluation is based on the pilots (you) ability to demonstrate safe ground handling and operation of the plane and a clear understanding of all startup procedures for a turbine which are unique to any other form of flying.

This is all aside from your flying skills while taking off, flying and landing the plane. I think that most pilots will agree that while you could borrow someone’s plane that you will probably want to want to get to know your own plane that you will be testing on.

Definitely take a ride and get to know people who will all be helpful to you I am sure. They will probably help you in determining what actual plane and turbine you might want to start off with or you might even get lucky and find someone selling a starter setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendrix View Post
Thank you! Ocala is no problem for me, I go to south FL all the time to visit family. Is it possible to obtain the waiver without investing in my own Jet? That is ideal. I will shoot you a PM
crisom01 is offline Find More Posts by crisom01