New Products Flash Sale

Blade 230 S Collective-Pitch Aerobatic Helicopter

Blade has opened the doors again to a new helicopter. Aimed to help beginners advance themselves from hovering to all out fun with aerobatics.

Splash

The Blade 230 S features SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology.

The new Blade 230 S is equipped with 4 different modes that can be changed in the flip of a switch.

The Stability mode is a great way to start your adventure into flying helicopters. The Panic Recovery mode is also a excellent tool when you get disoriented.The Blade 230 S will be provided in the traditional BNF and RTF which includes the DXe transmitter specially formulated for the 230 S.

What you get with the Blade 230 S is brushless power on the main drive as well as the tail drive. Flybarless system controlled with the popular and trusted SAFE technology, and confidence knowing you have the Panic Recovery mode. After you feel comfortable, 3D mode gives you the freedom to let loose in your adventure in RC helicopters.

Different Modes

• Stability Mode
  • Agility Mode
  • 3D Mode
  • Panic Recovery Mode

For more information on the Blade 230 S click here.

Last edited by ndfly700; Jul 17, 2015 at 08:26 AM..
Old Jul 17, 2015, 09:15 AM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,692 Posts
That is totally friggin awesome!

I love seeing Blade back in the game, especially with a heli like this one.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Jul 17, 2015, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by Rampage
What tree?
United States, CA, Twentynine Palms
Joined Aug 2005
3,645 Posts
Honestly, I think the Ares Optim 300 seems more appealing. It's bigger, has the same self-stabilizing technology, is around the same price and has a variable-pitch tail instead of a tail motor.

It's really nice to see these user-friendly, easy-to-fly CP helis showing up finally, though.
Rampage is online now Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by SpekBo
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
Hello! I`m new to RC forums.

I live in Canada and have been flying helis for 4 years now.

I own 2 Hirobo SRB Quarks a Blade Nano CPX and other cp helis suach as the Axe cp 100...

My heli path started with Air Hogs toys back in 2006.
I had no idea that there was a MAJOR difference beetween toys and hobby grade helis

Any way still had to go through a few toys before considering stepping into the hobby.

I started learning on a mcx2, moved on to the msr, got a esky hbv2, also have 2 V911 PRO`S taht I fly with a FS-T6 radio (indoor fun) and my Hirobo Quarks... am currently learning cp.

So since I`m learning cp I was thinking going the route of the 230 S...ansd just have fun talking about it with you guy`s.

AMAZING HOBBY!
SpekBo is offline Find More Posts by SpekBo
Last edited by SpekBo; Jul 17, 2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by Qwik86crx
United States, CA, Aliso Viejo
Joined Feb 2015
35 Posts
I have been waiting for a heli like this!!!
Qwik86crx is online now Find More Posts by Qwik86crx
Old Jul 18, 2015, 07:04 PM
Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,832 Posts
Hate the tail rotor motor...
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jul 19, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by Joules
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Dec 2003
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Hate the tail rotor motor...
Why ? if its more robust, lighter and cheaper to fix than a servo, gears and drive train, whats not to like.
Joules is offline Find More Posts by Joules
Last edited by Joules; Jul 19, 2015 at 01:44 PM. Reason: auto correction.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 01:40 PM
Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules View Post
Why ? if its more robust, lighter and cheaper to fix than a servo, gears and drive chain, whats not to like.
Because a motor driven TR cannot perform to the level of a variable pitch TR. I realize the market that Horizon is going after with this Heli and I see why they went this route but it doesn't work for me. I am always looking for a nice size heli to play in the neighborhood and this looked like a nice size for that.
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Jul 19, 2015, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by CARMELHILL
Joined Jun 2014
61 Posts
Didnt they learn anything with all the tail motor problems from the 200SRX? The 180 cfx is so much better. Take that, stretch it to 230, add self stabiloization, and youv got a winner.
CARMELHILL is offline Find More Posts by CARMELHILL
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:09 PM
Find More Posts by brad24
Joined May 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARMELHILL View Post
Didnt they learn anything with all the tail motor problems from the 200SRX? The 180 cfx is so much better. Take that, stretch it to 230, add self stabiloization, and youv got a winner.
Look at the rotor sizes. This is considerably bigger than both the 180CFX and the 200SRX. It's almost the same rotor size and length as a 300CFX. The HH team is saying on FB and in other threads that the tail on this performs very well and that its more 3D capable than they anticipated.

To the guy saying the 300CP is a better heli, you may be partially right as the self-leveling and variable pitch tail combo looks really nice, but the 300CP doesn't have the Panic Button that this 230S has, and I think that's a complete game changer for learning 3D. The biggest issue for me even with the micro heli's was that when learning 3D and inverted flight, its pretty easy for things to get out of control. The ability to hit a button and be upright and stable will do way more for my confidence to try new things than a marginally better performing tail and self leveling. Self leveling won't help me when I'm doing an inadvertent high speed inverted piro towards a tree

EDIT: Reading the 300CP info on the site, it isn't spelled out quite as clearly as the Panic Button for the 230S, but I think switching from 3-axis back to 6-axis gyro mode on the 300CP may act like a panic button from how they're describing it.
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Last edited by brad24; Jul 19, 2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 09:30 AM
Find More Posts by daveapplemotor
Activist
Joined Jun 2009
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Because a motor driven TR cannot perform to the level of a variable pitch TR. I realize the market that Horizon is going after with this Heli and I see why they went this route but it doesn't work for me. I am always looking for a nice size heli to play in the neighborhood and this looked like a nice size for that.
Really?
look at this video and say that again.
Kyle Dahl flying double brushless mCPX (3 min 46 sec)
daveapplemotor is offline Find More Posts by daveapplemotor
Old Jul 23, 2015, 07:40 AM
Joined Jun 2014
61 Posts
I am such a sucker.

I just ordered one.

I was looking for a slightly larger version of the Blade 200 with CP, so I thought the addition of SAFE was a good idea. I still would have preferred the tail setup of the Blade 180.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,814 Posts
I am glad HH went for another heli to add to list. the Nano CP-X was fine smaller heli and to disc. its bad news. I hope it does well as micro heli world flooded with knock offs of once very good helis. MSR/MSR-X/Mcp-X V2/ Nano CP-X. etc. Quads/ FPV are hot ticket and can understand alot of it. I hope when some of quad folks get bored they might get into heli. Seeing a new bird some degree of hope.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by shahram72
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,993 Posts
This looks like my next heli, haven't bought any in a while. Looks like it will help me learn better control and teach my son who learned fixed wing on a Delta Ray. I loved the Delta Ray for him, and this looks like the single rotor version of that product.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:09 PM
Joined Jun 2014
61 Posts
From reading the manual I am not sure if you can get all 3 stability modes from any transmitter except the RTF one? Does anyone else see that? It looks like the DX6i only has two available just like with the 200 SRX. I am guessing my DX9 will have the modes from switch F, but the settings for position 1 and 2 are identical. How would use squeeze another stability mode from these settings?