HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:19 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Discussion
Auldey Sky Rover

Hi everyone. Walmart (and other places) sold a little helicopter called the Sky Rover by Auldey. So far I have found several videos that reviewed the different models, a site with parts, and even some mods. I looked around for a concise thread with all those things for this helicopter here and couldn't find one, so this is it. I will add things and hope you do too. Lots of people bought this little Auldey Sky Rover as Christmas gifts and I am sure there will be a lot of people looking for info on parts and mods. I hope this is helpful.
FPVjames is offline Find More Posts by FPVjames
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:21 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Sky Rover - Phantom - Review and Flight (7 min 53 sec)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
SkyRover Navigator - Review and Flight (6 min 43 sec)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Sky Rover - Dark Stealth - Review and Flight (8 min 5 sec)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:23 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=_xF-liwJGa0 Sky Rover Stalker
Last edited by FPVjames; Dec 30, 2014 at 03:27 AM. Reason: bad link
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:33 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=og5D8k-XMkg Sky Rover Gravity Z Review
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:51 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Sky Rover Battery Mod -

I thought my battery burned out because it wouldn't hold a charge or accept a charge from the stock charger after a few flights. I took my helicopter apart to check the battery size so I could order another. The battery is 3.7v 250mah and weighs 5 grams. I am going to order some 3.7 500mah batteries I found online. They weigh 7 grams. They are a little bit heavier but I expect they will be perfect since there was a small flat weight attached to the stock battery! That small weight is 2 grams. If I leave it off the 7grams will be perfect and should give a lot longer flight time. Also, I am going to install battery connectors on the wires from the battery to the circuit board so I can just velcro the battery to the bottom of the helicopter and switch out the battery by disconnecting the connectors. A bit of hot glue will be necessary to hold the wires down against the frame (the ones going to the board) so that it wont get pulled on. Seems like it will be a nice mod!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 03:57 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
Yesterday, I noticed a damaged spot on the top rotor blade of my Sky Rover Explorer. I had just read an article about someone replacing rotor blades on helis and how the difference of material weight of the blades can affect performance. I remembered I had a little Black Spider XT with the fake rotor in back (2 channel) that didn't fly very well. I had picked that one up a walgreens one day. I looked at the top and bottom blade size on it and it was almost identical to the sky rover! The difference though was that the material was much more thin on the Black Spider XT....much lighter! I traded both sets of blades - the blades on the sky rover are too big at the base for the black spider xt to use them, but the blades fit fine from Black Spider XT to the Sky Rover. When I tried it out the difference was amazing. The Sky Rover helicopter speed nearly doubled moving forward and backward with the new blades. I didnt expect that as the rotor in back is what make that movement. Maybe the lightness of the blades helped? I left that back rotor stock and hadn't changed. I am now excited to get my new batteries and charger so I can get this back in the air. I have to find out where to get those Black Spider XT thin blades for the next replacement - they are great!
Last edited by FPVjames; Dec 30, 2014 at 04:32 AM. Reason: puncutation
Old Dec 30, 2014, 04:00 AM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
PARTS PARTS PARTS Sky Rover Parts! LOL I found them! Wow.....this is cool. Now I can do all kinds of stuff http://www.rchelicopterpart.com/36-s...licopter-parts