HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2015, 04:51 PM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Got a TW today..haven't looked at it yet. Is there consensus on parts to replace out of the box ? Thanks.
highndry1 is offline Find More Posts by highndry1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 05:03 PM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Jan 2011
536 Posts
Yes...
You should do some back reading. Lots of good things to learn on here.Everyone is very helpful.
Oh and congrats on your TW.
HuskyDude is offline Find More Posts by HuskyDude
Last edited by HuskyDude; Today at 01:49 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2015, 05:12 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
1,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highndry1 View Post
Got a TW today..haven't looked at it yet. Is there consensus on parts to replace out of the box ? Thanks.

You are better off just looking back thru the posts here & decide what looks like the modifications that make the most sense to you.
Re-hashing what has already been said wont help much.

The bigest problems have been the vibration issue & the ESC heat.
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66
Old Mar 02, 2015, 05:16 PM
Prop-Snapping Excitement!
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Feb 2014
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highndry1 View Post
Page 54...
RexGalore is offline Find More Posts by RexGalore
Old Mar 02, 2015, 06:10 PM
eagleflyer
Joined Dec 2014
17 Posts
Spare Tidewater electric motor

Can anyone recommend a HK motor which can be a spare?
The lake where I am flying is a long way from a LHS, hence the need for a spare, just in case.

In earlier entries on this blog (#s 310, 311, 313) there was a picture of a red motor which was purchased as a spare, but it had a shaft size of 3.17mm or 1/8 inch. The existing motor that is on my Tidewater has a shaft size of 3 mm. It fits perfectly with the 3 mm e-flite prop adapter.

Also the mount that was shown with the red motor was a X mount while the one needed to fit the existing mount is three legged.

The specs for the motor are shown in various places but seem to be
28-17-1250kV (see flyzone.com parts listing FLZA6332) as well as 28-30-1300kV (see Tidewater Instruction Manual).

In Canada we are now paying 25% more for items in $US so I was hoping to find a HK substitute (free shipping too).

Has anyone had any luck in finding a suitable outrunner which has the correct shaft size and is adaptable for mounting without major surgery?
Barry Smythe is offline Find More Posts by Barry Smythe
Last edited by Barry Smythe; Mar 02, 2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
Gravity is weak but persistant
United States, NY, Port Crane
Joined Aug 2009
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Smythe View Post
I wish there was a way to start my DX6i timer when I first move the throttle. Cannot afford to go to a DX6.
I have made a little pre-flight routine that works to remine me. On my DX61 I have the timer on the throttle cut button. I also have a mechanical throttle "lock". A long rubber band looped over the carry handle & around under the front that is just tight enough to hold the throttle down. I do this because we fly a lot of seaplanes off a dock, and in handling the plane and transmitter (on a neck strap) there have been some painful bumps of the throttle.

When I remove the band I press the timer button. Works pretty well.
Charlie P (NY) is offline Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)