Joined Jan 2011
4,103 Posts
I wish I was that clever, but the video and music was provided by our Roger #2
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2015, 06:43 PM
Joined Nov 2014
533 Posts
Flew the little champ today winds were particularly strong but at this rate I'll be 300 years old by the time the winds let up. I went to the edge of the lake and tossed her. I was impressed how much better it flew this time around. The wind was pushing her around but she pushed through I came too fast with the wind and hit the palm of a tree though lol. No damage just picked her up and finished the flight touching down on the water pretty gracefully. One thing I didn't take into account is how light the champ is so the wind was able to knock her over while floating. I think she will fly perfectly on a calm day.
ApexpretadorGT is offline Find More Posts by ApexpretadorGT
Old Feb 20, 2015, 07:08 PM
I fly into trees.
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined Jan 2006
93 Posts
This was awhile ago... but figured I'd share it here...

2012-12-08 - Champ #1 in a palm (0 min 19 sec)
Kemper is offline Find More Posts by Kemper
Old Feb 21, 2015, 03:59 AM
Joined Nov 2014
533 Posts
Oh man lolololol. Same story here but with a duet. It lasted me about 12 seconds
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:00 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,103 Posts
So sad to see a lost Champ. I'm converting my old digital 8 and VHS tapes to DVD's and found a video of one of my 1st Champ flights. My wife was trying to video it and it was not going well haha ( flying was good, camera work not so much)
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Feb 22, 2015, 04:51 AM
Joined Apr 2013
957 Posts
Kemper :

I had a friend in the 1970's that put a top flight p-39 in the top of a tree on it's maiden flight. He use a 30-06 to get it out. After may shots he got it back slightly damaged. NOT a recommended way to get your plane back.

Maybe a chain saw. Or maybe the fire department with a long extended latter truck, Of course that would require a donation to the local fire department. I guess it's best just to buy another one!

jack
pjdog350 is online now Find More Posts by pjdog350
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Assembly of H500 V3 from HK
Old Feb 23, 2015, 01:17 PM
I fly into trees.
United States, AZ, Tempe
Joined Jan 2006
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350 View Post
Kemper :

I had a friend in the 1970's that put a top flight p-39 in the top of a tree on it's maiden flight. He use a 30-06 to get it out. After may shots he got it back slightly damaged. NOT a recommended way to get your plane back.

Maybe a chain saw. Or maybe the fire department with a long extended latter truck, Of course that would require a donation to the local fire department. I guess it's best just to buy another one!

jack
There are about a million companies out here that trim palm trees. I'm kicking myself for not paying someone on the side to climb up there and get it back for me! The wind must have taken it in the night.
Kemper is offline Find More Posts by Kemper
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:43 PM
Joined Nov 2014
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjdog350 View Post
Kemper :

jack

Your friend must of lived in an awesome place to have the space to fly planes and shoot then out of trees and not get arrested lol.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:21 PM
United States, MI, Kalamazoo
Joined Jan 2012
394 Posts
Kemper... Yer fly'n your champ too high...the tree can't grab it if ya fly lower, ha ha... Does look like a beautiful place to fly though... Capt'n
mycaptain is offline Find More Posts by mycaptain
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:51 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycaptain View Post
Kemper... Yer fly'n your champ too high...the tree can't grab it if ya fly lower, ha ha... Does look like a beautiful place to fly though... Capt'n
I agree with you here! My champ doesn't usually go over 8' in the air... it gets pretty nervous if it goes much higher

Most of its life has been spent at less than 3' high
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 24, 2015, 06:08 AM
Joined Jan 2012
394 Posts
[QUOTE= it gets pretty nervous if it goes much higher

That's a good one bhoove... Capt'n
Old Feb 24, 2015, 07:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
394 Posts
While fly'n high my champ has tried to fly away several times in the last 3 years. But I made her turn around and come back. Some times she goes down in high grass and hides from me, but her noisy servos gives her away. Lucky me... Capt'n