Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:46 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2011
68 Posts
wow the x12d look great, how can you not like that, the x9d of the other hand looks dated. I have a jr 9x2 and looks to close to that for me to upgrade to that, will be getting the x12d when they are out. I hope HK sells them.
azzurripro is offline Find More Posts by azzurripro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:44 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
d8 is half duplex then? frsky telemetry as been always full duplex right? or i am wrong?
D8 sends R/C up, data down. D16 supposed to send R/C AND data up, plus data down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tellurian View Post
Looks Blah! Ergonomics Blah! The X9DA being an entry level I suppose it must be made appealing to the kiddies and those easily impressed by gooked up facades. I like the idea that what I hold in my hands is art, and not of the cartoon variety.
An entry level radio is made to allow you to fly your plane as well as possible, with as many features as possible, but without breaking the bank. Functionality over aesthetiics. If you favor aesthetics... pass your way
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:48 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
Trainer port (left), audio port (right), SD slot located in battery bay.
Attachment 5304341
Thanks! Where's the USB port?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:04 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
D8 sends R/C up, data down. D16 supposed to send R/C AND data up, plus data down.
RC is data too
An example of non RC data sent from Tx is the F/S from Tx button, on RomB firmwares.
Especially with the new 27ms firmware, now there is a lot of room to send some user data up from transmitter.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:28 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,248 Posts
Of course R/C is data too. Maybe I should have said "user data"

Can't wait to remotely adjust multicopter parameters directly on the screen of an X9D running open9x... will be some work to get there, but still
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:39 AM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
393 Posts
Got to agree with the comments about this and X9R changing the whole radio scene and replacing another MPX Evo with FrSky hack.

Great news about the JR module shape, sound socket and card slot!

One question about existing V8 recievers, will there be another module for them?
Graham 65 is offline Find More Posts by Graham 65
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:50 AM
France, IdF, Villeparisis
Joined Jul 2003
69 Posts
It has not been confirm by Frsky this is X12D.

This could be X16D with large buttom screen and partial picture of X12D with certainely smaller screen.
pegase is offline Find More Posts by pegase
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:53 AM
Joined Mar 2009
293 Posts
if the V8 receivers are V8FR-II, V8R7-II, V8R4-II, VD5M can work with new X-series module at D8-mode.

as for the old V8FR, V8R7, V8R4 etc. receiver can use the DJT module amount on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham 65 View Post
Got to agree with the comments about this and

One question about existing V8 recievers, will there be another module for them?
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:06 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
X9D will have a new module XJT which has three selectable modes - D8 (existing 8ch two-way), D16 (new 16ch two-way full duplex transmission) and LR12 (new 12ch one-way long range). Here we use DJT in the photo, as XJT has not been available yet.

Trainer port (left), audio port (right), SD slot located in battery bay.
Attachment 5304341
So does this mean that I will have to change a module every time I want to swap from frsky to dsm2?
I would prefer not to or I will wear out the pins and probably forget to swap and keep having to come home to get the right module lol.
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:11 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2006
4,248 Posts
FrSky should be internal, there wouldn't be an antenna on the case otherwise
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:39 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegase View Post
It has not been confirm by Frsky this is X12D.

This could be X16D with large buttom screen and partial picture of X12D with certainely smaller screen.
The X16D will have one screen and it will be on top - a large color OLED screen. The X16D is still a ways away, so things could certainly change in the meantime. the X12D will have two screens, both monochrome. One on top for telemetry and one on bottom for Tx functions. Of this much I'm certain. I'm going to assume that the firmware flexibility in the X12D will allow programmers to allocate the two screens in other ways.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:43 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,542 Posts
One feature that is an absolute ESSENTIAL for me is a throttle activated count down timer set from the model memory. I've got that on my Optic 6 so its not exclusive to high end radios. I was the lack that stopped me buying a spektrum ( lucky escape)

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:02 AM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
One feature that is an absolute ESSENTIAL for me is a throttle activated count down timer set from the model memory. I've got that on my Optic 6 so its not exclusive to high end radios. I was the lack that stopped me buying a spektrum ( lucky escape)

Terry
I'm going to make an assumption -- that Bertrand will port open9x to the X9D very soon after it's release...if not before. If that's the case you will have two timers -- and several triggering options including throttle start .. .and even having the run speed of the timer proportional to the throttle use ---- so at 50% throttle use the timer runs half the speed. This allows you to have one timer triggered when the throttle starts and run while the other shows how long the throttle is actually on, or how long as a % of full throttle.

In any event FrSKY has stated that the firmware will be open --- but I don't see any indication of a USB port on the X9D so I'm assuming the firmware will be loaded from a memory card --- unless somebody shows me where the USB connection is.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:18 AM
Chile
Joined Jul 2010
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaguest1 View Post
if they has used a JR one, anyone who needs to use a futaba module could use an adapter
but not the reverse thing, as a Futaba module fits inside a JR Slot.
Aré you sure ? I really like you are right....
Anyway, with the advice of new tx signal for long range ... I will not need the older 72mhz PCM in my fpv!!!
I love my older futabas (8u & 9cap) but the replacement are inevitably ...and looks a little frankenstain with th FDA -2 monitor)
Equivalent tx are too expensive for me... My only option it was hitec Aurora but now these radios look as a excellent competition... I crossed my fingers about the price of the X12d ...thanks to frsky to open the door.
rajazo is online now Find More Posts by rajazo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV10 bronco
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:39 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
The X16D will have one screen and it will be on top - a large color OLED screen. The X16D is still a ways away, so things could certainly change in the meantime. the X12D will have two screens, both monochrome. One on top for telemetry and one on bottom for Tx functions. Of this much I'm certain. I'm going to assume that the firmware flexibility in the X12D will allow programmers to allocate the two screens in other ways.
Well, let's raise the curtain a bit more
Still, renders only and nothing decided yet !
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Nov 15, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
Closed Thread