Old Jul 23, 2015, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by OrangeBird
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli View Post
Im going to have to order a couple from BG this time.

Is it possible to fit a brushless motor there without changing the PCB? Or a better motor/ tail setup perhaps?

Jake
Hi jakeaheli

If you prefer a Walkera tail assembly, view photos #10 -11 -12 - 13 by remlen

See photos

Also :

Walkera Master CP parts

Also :

Walkera brushless, how to install

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=1546

************************************************** **********************************

For V912 add brushed to brushless signal converter

1 - add Brushless Converter
2 - add Brushless ESC
3 - add Brushless Motor

OrangeBird is online now Find More Posts by OrangeBird
Last edited by OrangeBird; Jul 24, 2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:33 PM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
977 Posts
Hi Guys

Is anyone among you test this converter: brushed to brushless converter ?

I ordered one to try it........( 07-27-15 )

Last edited by OrangeBird; Today at 04:12 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by Brian MG
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
New guy that needs a little help

Have been following this board for a few weeks. You guys provide some great tips and mods for the v912. thanks

I have the v912 brushless and yesterday was out flying and crashed it nose first into the ground. Noticed at first flybar was bent but got it straight. Looked over it and everything seemed ok. Turned off and back on went to throttle up and the motor seemed to be working fine but it wouldn't lift off the ground. I gave it full throttle and the motor was going like crazy but know lift. Would the motor be the problem or maybe pcb board?
Brian MG is offline Find More Posts by Brian MG
Old Jul 25, 2015, 09:49 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
977 Posts
Hi Brian MG

From your description, I would change the motor first, and if the problem is not resolved, it would be the PCB.......
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by JW57RC
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian MG View Post
Have been following this board for a few weeks. You guys provide some great tips and mods for the v912. thanks

I have the v912 brushless and yesterday was out flying and crashed it nose first into the ground. Noticed at first flybar was bent but got it straight. Looked over it and everything seemed ok. Turned off and back on went to throttle up and the motor seemed to be working fine but it wouldn't lift off the ground. I gave it full throttle and the motor was going like crazy but know lift. Would the motor be the problem or maybe pcb board?

Could you tell be the sound if the main rotor was going the "normal" speed?

If you can't tell, then after a significant crash, you might have any number of problems. The V912 is big enough to visually inspect for most problems. This list is a portion of my normal pre-flight for every session:
1. Check the teeth on the main gear. If there are any damaged teeth, replace the gear.
2. Closely examine your blade linkage. If one of the dogbone connectors is broken, stuck or missing you don't WANT to get it in the air!
3. Is the main shaft damaged or are any connections loose?
4. Examine the blades for nicks or cuts, or any bends. Do they move on the pivots correctly? Are either out of "normal" alignment?
5. Take a good look from the tail looking straight forward. The tail boom should be exactly straight and should be exactly in line with the main rotor shaft. While there look for damage, dirt or misaligned tail motor mount or blade.

It is still possible that you have a bad motor or PCB, particularly if the motor ran after the crash (did you engage throttle hold before hitting the ground?).

I hope the damage isn't too bad. Let us know what you find.
JW57RC is online now Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:25 AM
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
977 Posts
Hi JW57RC

Yes, good verification ........

I will add in my blog....( section # 9 )

By....
Last edited by OrangeBird; Jul 25, 2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by Brian MG
Joined Jul 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW57RC View Post
Could you tell be the sound if the main rotor was going the "normal" speed?

If you can't tell, then after a significant crash, you might have any number of problems. The V912 is big enough to visually inspect for most problems. This list is a portion of my normal pre-flight for every session:
1. Check the teeth on the main gear. If there are any damaged teeth, replace the gear.
2. Closely examine your blade linkage. If one of the dogbone connectors is broken, stuck or missing you don't WANT to get it in the air!
3. Is the main shaft damaged or are any connections loose?
4. Examine the blades for nicks or cuts, or any bends. Do they move on the pivots correctly? Are either out of "normal" alignment?
5. Take a good look from the tail looking straight forward. The tail boom should be exactly straight and should be exactly in line with the main rotor shaft. While there look for damage, dirt or misaligned tail motor mount or blade.

It is still possible that you have a bad motor or PCB, particularly if the motor ran after the crash (did you engage throttle hold before hitting the ground?).

I hope the damage isn't too bad. Let us know what you find.
I turned the throttle off just as it hit. I did notice the servos seem to work fine one minute then maybe not the next. I did look over it numerous times and did not see anything wrong that you listed above,
Brian MG is offline Find More Posts by Brian MG
Old Jul 25, 2015, 05:12 PM
Find More Posts by TomHardcastle
Joined Jan 2013
76 Posts
Hi All,

I ordered the aluminium head for my V913 but the company I ordered it from sent me the one for the V912. I have just added it to ebay (UK buyers Only) i anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3016965786...84.m1586.l2649

Thanks
TomHardcastle is offline Find More Posts by TomHardcastle
Old Jul 28, 2015, 03:06 PM
Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Joined Feb 2015
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBird View Post
Hi jakeaheli

If you prefer a Walkera tail assembly, view photos #10 -11 -12 - 13 by remlen

See photos

Also :

Walkera Master CP parts

Also :

Walkera brushless, how to install

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=1546

************************************************** **********************************

For V912 add brushed to brushless signal converter

1 - add Brushless Converter
2 - add Brushless ESC
3 - add Brushless Motor

Hi Orangebird,

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there someone who has already modded their V912 with the Walkera tail setup??

I want to know just to make sure i take that route and if its really worth the trouble. Any videos??

Thanks
Jake
jakeaheli is offline Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Old Jul 28, 2015, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Joined Feb 2015
116 Posts
Just a thought is it worth learning how to fly CP on a Walkera Master CP or still go with the V977?

I've been looking to find a decent beginner CP heli - something not that tiny, cheap to repair and tough.

Jake
jakeaheli is offline Find More Posts by jakeaheli