New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Knoll53
less is more
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Sep 2006
3,214 Posts
That is one skinny wing !

I wonder if I could make a zig zaggy turbulator strip from adhesive foam tape and pinking shears? Might be worth while for my skinny wing.
Knoll53 is offline Find More Posts by Knoll53
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2015, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton
Blackstock, South Carolina
Joined Sep 2007
2,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron eagle View Post
Uwe, nice plane and video.
Music was perfect as well.
The music was OK, but considering the title of the video (and the name of the plane) I would have chosen something a bit different...
Fly Wheel is online now Find More Posts by Fly Wheel
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by iron eagle
United States, MA, Middleboro
Joined Jul 2007
717 Posts
"Silent Wings of Freedom"?
iron eagle is offline Find More Posts by iron eagle
Old Jul 24, 2015, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by Tail Saw
a wing is enough
Germany
Joined Aug 2010
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Wheel View Post
I would have chosen something a bit different...
In Germany this is not so easy because we have the GEMA that prohibits many titles also for non-commercial use as in private videos of model flight because of copyright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoll53 View Post
That is one skinny wing !

I wonder if I could make a zig zaggy turbulator strip from adhesive foam tape and pinking shears? Might be worth while for my skinny wing.
Kent, the 1:2 AK-X uses the turbulator strip because in the downsized version it uses the same laminar profiles of the large man carrying version.
The turbulator balances the effects of the different Re-number, especially the location of the transition point between laminar an turbulent and suppresses the formation of laminar separation bubbles.
Turbulators work very well at low reynold numbers of our model airplanes when the strip has a thickness of 0.3 - 0.6 mm.
The AK-X 1:2 model use turbulator strips of man carrying Sailplanes to be sure of the effect. The thickness is between 0.5 to 0.85 mm:
http://www.brodbeck-flugzeugbaender.de/produkte.html
The point is to find the right position for the desired effect and to know what the desired effect is

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...lieg-Karlsruhe

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2462032

Regards, Uwe.
Tail Saw is offline Find More Posts by Tail Saw