Old May 12, 2015, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by ToastLover
Germany, BY
Joined Feb 2015
30 Posts
Discussion
Identifying an SMD part on a Vtx

Hi,
A few months ago I crashed with my FPV wing into the snow and since then I only got a fraction of the range I had before.
I compared the video transmitter (ImmersionRC 600mW) to my other one and found that one smd part near the antenna output looked damaged.
So I'd like to switch it out to see if that's the fault.
Name: 2015-05-12 18.09.51.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 688.7 KB
Description:
This is a picture of the working receiver. (well, until yesterday when I ripped off the antenna connector during a bad landing )
The part I'm searching for is the little blue thing near the bottom left corner.
It looks like it's made of ceramic with something blue on the top.
Another feature that distinguishes this part from a capacitor is that it looks as if two little wires are wrapped around it.
It doesn't look like an inductor but I don't know much about this RF-voodoo.
I hope someone here knows more about this stuff
ToastLover is offline Find More Posts by ToastLover
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2015, 07:55 PM
Find More Posts by Martin Y
400' ..... NOT
Canada
Joined Jan 2009
4,246 Posts
That is a RF inductor. It supply's power to the Rf amp. With any luck the IC is not shorted. But..........if IC is shorted, not cheap or easy to replace.
Martin Y is online now Find More Posts by Martin Y
Old May 19, 2015, 08:32 AM
Find More Posts by ToastLover
Germany, BY
Joined Feb 2015
30 Posts
Well, the RF inductor seems to be okay.
I'm using the transmitter in my miniquad now so the remaining range is sufficient.
ToastLover is offline Find More Posts by ToastLover