Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:48 PM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
Discussion
Some useful Fruit Fly research

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1023175137.htm

See the $$$ is not all wasted.

IMHO all basic research is valuable , even if it just proves that you were heade down the wrong path........(then you would know to turn around )

Jim
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman
Old Oct 27, 2008, 02:28 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Tosev 3
Joined Feb 2003
1,034 Posts
I hated counting those things in college. The old fruit fly breeding experiment was a PITA. The most fun part was using fly-nap (ether) to sedate the flies. If you had enough students in there it was like an ether jag.
DR. JOY is offline Find More Posts by DR. JOY
Old Oct 27, 2008, 02:34 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Since our neighborhood has lots of apple trees, and this has been a soft month for temperature, we've got a lot of fruit flies. You want some? Come get 'em, 'cause I'm getting tired of the annoying buggers.
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:52 AM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. JOY
I hated counting those things in college. The old fruit fly breeding experiment was a PITA. The most fun part was using fly-nap (ether) to sedate the flies. If you had enough students in there it was like an ether jag.

Hahahaha.....Me too .....In Genetics class we had to raise, breed, raise breed....and so on and so on.....and then dissect the salivary glands out to get the DNA I worked as hard as I could in that class to get a "C". WHEW! ( my overall GPA at graduation was 3.93)

Jim
me11owman is offline Find More Posts by me11owman