SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 19, 2014, 05:38 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
Question
DX8 aux1 problem

My DX8 has developed some symptoms on aux1. I use aux1 channel on a 3-way switch (f-mode) to control my Eagle 3-axis stabilizer. Center is off, up is heading hold, and down is stabilizer mode. Every now and then, when I power up my DX8, the switch position assignments for that switch change without warning and aux1 does not work right. The "Monitor " mode on my DX8 shows that when I'm having the problem the aux1 signal is skewed so that center is heading hold and down is off; up does nothing. At first I thought is was a bad switch so I reassigned the function to another switch, but the symptoms re-appeared after a while. So now it appears that the problem is with the aux1 signal and not the switch. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? JG
JGallo is offline Find More Posts by JGallo
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2014, 06:41 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,703 Posts
Have you checked for any other switches, features and especially mixes that might output to aux1?
Dave H. is online now Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 07:27 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,496 Posts
Or maybe a mix?

Is the switch bumping against the knob internally?

If you post the SPM file we can take a look and make sure it's not a configuration issue.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:02 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
The switch isn't bumping against anything - plus, I assigned aux1 to another 3-way switch and the problem still cropped up. The Monitor mode shows interesting results, though. When the switch is acting normal, the Monitor image is nice and symmetrical, with Up going left 100% and Down going right 100% and Middle places it right in the center. But When aux1 is acting up, the indicator is skewed far to the right at various percentages on each of the switch positions. I will check & see if any other switches are outputting to aux1, but I don't think so. JG
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,842 Posts
Post spm, someone will check it out and let you of anything weird going on.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:22 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
Sorry, I have to ask. What's the SPM file? JG
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:28 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,496 Posts
When you export a model to the SD card, it makes a file type called SPM files.

The switch input for Aux1 is a switch. It is not an analog input. That means that it CAN ONLY have 3 positions.

When you have a mix, you can skew the switch positions some. That's why I think you have a mix in there.

Export the file to your SD card and RCGroups will let you attach it here.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 19, 2014, 08:47 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
I think I understand. I will do the SD card and attach the file. Thanks so much for your input. (It will take me a day or two to get to it). JG
Old Sep 20, 2014, 02:46 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
aux1 problem - file attached

I have exported the model (Cub-1) to my SD card and attached the SPM file. Please note that aux1 only malfunctions about 10% of the time - when it does, it shows up immediately after I boot up my DX8.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 04:05 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,496 Posts
You seriously need to update your radio. You're at version 2.01 - the rest of the world is at version 3.01.

I just went through your model completely in both a text editor and the radio and I couldn't see anything wrong, nor could I get it to misbehave.

I suggest first updating to the latest version, and then if it recurs send it for service.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 20, 2014, 07:45 PM
Joined Jun 2014
9 Posts
Andy - Thanks for taking the time to do that. I will update to 3.01 and see what happens. JG