HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:34 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,688 Posts
Discussion
Trouble Posting Quotes Or Attachments

Been away from the site for over a year and find upon return that I can't post quotes or attachments in threads or private messages. I've tried both IE 7 and Firefox browsers without success. Anyone else have these problems?
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:17 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,402 Posts
I have attached an image with arrows pointing at the quote button and attachment button. We do not allow attachments in private messages. Let me know if that helps.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:29 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT56 View Post
Been away from the site for over a year and find upon return that I can't post quotes or attachments in threads or private messages. I've tried both IE 7 and Firefox browsers without success. Anyone else have these problems?
As Jim stated, you cannot post attachments in PMs.

You may need to hit the "Go Advanced" icon in order to see the manage attachments button.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
I have attached an image with arrows pointing at the quote button and attachment button. We do not allow attachments in private messages. Let me know if that helps.
Thanks Jim and X for the response to my question!

I'm afraid my poorly expressed symptom should have read, " I can't post quotes or attachments in threads or quotes in private messages." This included the "Quote Post" button at the lower right corner of a thread post and the "Reply" button on the private messages. These problems have mysteriously cured themselves, so I have to assume that the problem is at my end of the line.

I'm still currently unable to upload attachments with IE or Firefox - operation times out and I receive a "The connection was reset" message. That's the same message I received on the quote and reply buttons before they began working since I posted my question.

Just tried Chrome and I'm able to post images and quotes to this thread, so that seems to confirm that I have some problem with IE and Firefox at my end.

Thanks for your assistance!!!

DT56
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Jan 20, 2013, 08:09 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
This may or may not apply to you in this situation, but just so you know, members who have excessive active points against them cannot have their post quoted. The icons will be greyed out. This change is fairly recent, so you may notice this when trying to quote certain individuals no matter if your browser is operating correctly or not.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted