HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Jun 2010
210 Posts
Question
Will this antenna repair cause interference?!?!?!?

So my dx6i antenna joint finally gave way (gently, so no hard twists in the antenna wire itself). The little plastic buds that pop in the holes and act as joints finally broke so it's basically a hinge w/out something to hold it together. So I got a thick insulated wire that only had like 4-5 wire strands inside and it fit well and did the trick! even angled the antenna a few times an it holds up.

ONLY concern though is that wouldthe new wire cause any sort of interference since it's right next to the antenna? IIF NOT, u think it would be safe to use a small paperclip wire instead?
RC_Bob is offline Find More Posts by RC_Bob
Last edited by RC_Bob; Feb 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:21 PM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,687 Posts
Should be fine, the part that radiates is much farther up the plastic.
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:28 PM
Joined Jun 2010
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
Should be fine, the part that radiates is much farther up the plastic.
Oh I see, k thx!!!
RC_Bob is offline Find More Posts by RC_Bob
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:58 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,842 Posts
I seen others use small tooth pick. Using the tooth pick still allow for breakage if it should happen again where as using a hard or solid (wire) would or may if hit or damaged again to break somewhere else.

But like mentioned above the actual antenna part is much higher in the rubber ducky.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip