HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2009, 06:04 PM
Brighton, England
Joined Mar 2009
385 Posts
Discussion
Motor Angle setup

Hi there, this has been a fairly long running project for a what is basically half plane half submarine :-) AP platform designed to take off from a Boat and ditch in the sea after.

It is also my first ever scratch build! so which was first of all supposed to be a basic large foamy and has grown in size and complexity! :-S mainly due to the whole rig being totaly modular (wing breaks into three, tail detaches as well as vertical and horizontal stab etc.)

I have got to the point where I am making the motor mount and even though it will have some adjustment I'd really like to get some feed back on if any down thrust is needed and a rough guide what to set the side thrust too to compensate for torque? I know that this will be mainly trail and error to a certain extent but would like to estimate it as close as possible.

Some Details on the Plane:

2.4m span 395mm Chord based on Mike (Powers) wing AKA fatened Telemaster wing I believe. Three part modular wing with Dihedral wingtips and replacable centre section for more wing area if needed at later date. Wing is also adjustable down length of plane.

Plane AUW range (dependant on camera Payload) 5kg - 6.5kg = (Payload 0.5kg to 2kg max)

Motor: Axi 4130 in pusher config with 6 cell driving 16x8 Aeronaught folding prop (will be fixed tight so not foldable during flight only if wing hits it on impact)

Very important for thrust angle calc...:
Motor will be running backwards as Aeronaught blades that size are tractor :-(
Motor centre line is also about 50mm below wing not above like many pushers.

If anyone could help me out here it would be much appreciated :-)

Also how are Axi motors like running bulkhead mounted as pusher config with regard to heat.

Many thanks

Denham
DENHAMDULAKE is offline Find More Posts by DENHAMDULAKE
to remove ads between posts