Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
Crash Expert
Swat342's Avatar
United States, OK, Yukon
Joined Jan 2011
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
Damn, you've got me beat by about 90 seconds . How much were you moving the sticks during all that?
Just a little adjusting here and there. a little does it. small movements is all it takes, then prepare to counter the movements.
Swat342 is offline Find More Posts by Swat342
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
dazed and confused
Canada, AB, Olds
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
E Razor 450 Set Up

So after crashing this bird out of the box and waiting a month for parts to fix it (spent 2 weeks trying to get the 2 small screws off the bottom of the shaft, they got stripped. Tried soldering iron, back out drill bits etc etc). Anyways, finally got it fixed and hovering out in the field. Went throught the set-up on mycoolheli review. So the problem I'm having now is when I give it right and left cyclic on the right stick, I am getting some unwanted mixing. With right cyclic I get forward mixed with right, and then left cyclic I get left cyclic mixed with backwards/reverse cyclic. I'm thinking it is something to do with the EXP dip switch but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.
jarlitske is offline Find More Posts by jarlitske
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:50 PM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
894 Posts
For the last two days, I watched Finless Bob's video regarding tail servo setup five times. Still trying to figure out why my ER burned out 6 tail servos in a short period of time. I have more digital servos coming from China soon but now I have only one EXI D213F at my disposal. After countless experiments, the only way I can complete tail servo setup on bench without generating very hot temp on tail servo case is to set Rudd Mix/Gyro V1 to 1 o'clock. At this setting, the buzzing sound will fade out but Gyro red light still solid. Gyro travel limit set to 110 on GY48V without binding on either rudder direction. This setup is ridiculous because turn V1 to say 12:55, gyro red light will turn off, and I will not have HH. Is this what I have to live with?

Edit: Late last night I realized that setting Rudd Mix/Gryo V1 to 1:00 only give me rate mode and equivalent to set with a capable TX with gyro sensitivity level to 0%. Now back to square one.
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Last edited by GTstrudl; Mar 28, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:16 AM
Tom
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
For the last two days, I watched Finless Bob's video regarding tail servo setup five times. Still trying to figure out why my ER burned out 6 tail servos in a short period of time. I have more digital servos coming from China soon but now I have only one EXI D213F at my disposal. After countless experiments, the only way I can complete tail servo setup on bench without generating very hot temp on tail servo case is to set Rudd Mix/Gyro V1 to 1 o'clock. At this setting, the buzzing sound will fade out but Gyro red light still solid. Gyro travel limit set to 110 on GY48V without binding on either rudder direction. This setup is ridiculous because turn V1 to say 12:55, gyro red light will turn off, and I will not have HH. Is this what I have to live with?
I run 80 as the limit on the GY48V without binding the tail servo. Anything above that and it jams the tail rotor and the servo will chatter and get very hot. I really couldn't deal with the Racon radio that came with the Dynam and once I went to the FlySky TH-9X it was a substantial difference in both the ability to control the helicopter but also to set very precise dual rates and exponentials. I also have the sensitivity level for the gyro set at 75% in the radio (HH mode) and get no tail wag and a dead steady hold. The only failure point now is the pilot
tom4416 is online now Find More Posts by tom4416
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:52 AM
Registered User
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Fellas, I have been using HiTek HS65MG servos all around for some time now. They are virtually indestructible and I find even on the tail servo they are plenty fast. FWIW...
Rockdw is offline Find More Posts by Rockdw
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
I run 80 as the limit on the GY48V without binding the tail servo. Anything above that and it jams the tail rotor and the servo will chatter and get very hot. I really couldn't deal with the Racon radio that came with the Dynam and once I went to the FlySky TH-9X it was a substantial difference in both the ability to control the helicopter but also to set very precise dual rates and exponentials. I also have the sensitivity level for the gyro set at 75% in the radio (HH mode) and get no tail wag and a dead steady hold. The only failure point now is the pilot
Yeah I am the only man on earth still using stock TX. Maybe its time is clicking. I'll bet my last EXI, set GY48V limit to 80, turn V1 (Gyro Gain) to 2:30 and test fly again.
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:12 AM
Registered User
United States, WY, Wheatland
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
Yeah I am the only man on earth still using stock TX. Maybe its time is clicking. I'll bet my last EXI, set GY48V limit to 80, turn V1 (Gyro Gain) to 2:30 and test fly again.
I'm using the stock TX with the gy 48 V and don't have any problems. My gain is set to about 3:00. I'm using the EXI servo D213F. No problems yet.
dmount76 is offline Find More Posts by dmount76
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:32 AM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmount76 View Post
I'm using the stock TX with the gy 48 V and don't have any problems. My gain is set to about 3:00. I'm using the EXI servo D213F. No problems yet.
Good to know. How about your EXI servo serface temperature? When you facing EXI, tail on your right, put your finger on right side of the EXI case. I cannot put my finger on that corner for more than few seconds. I've achieved solid rock tail once by setting RUDD to 3:00, but that tail servo along with five others (including one EXI D213F) lived with a very short period of time.
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Last edited by GTstrudl; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
Registered User
United States, WY, Wheatland
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
Good to know. How about your EXI servo serface temperature? When you facing EXI, tail on your right, put your finger on right side of the EXI case. I cannot put my finger on that corner for more than few seconds. I've achieved solid rock tail once by setting RUDD to 3:00, but that tail servo along with five others (including one EXI D213F) lived with a very short period of time.
Flew two packs back to back today and servo was warm but not hot.
dmount76 is offline Find More Posts by dmount76
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,016 Posts
I ordered one of those Ebay cheap 450 fiberglass replacement canopies just to see what they are. The glass layers on mine are a little thinner than the stock canopy, so it tends to crack easily. But, it's still strong enough to protect the frame and mechanics. I CA'ed some one ounce glass cloth on the inside to reinforce a few of the areas that typically get beat up, like around the grommet holes. The paint job is OK. Masking for the colors is average. But for $5 I'm not complaining.
These canopies usually come with two colors. It looked pretty bland until I found a quick way to make fairly good decals using just my printer, Avery labels and cellophane tape. The tape provides a glossy finish, protection and everything sticks down very well. Good enough for an electric. A little lettering really makes it pop.
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:22 AM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
Yeah I am the only man on earth still using stock TX. Maybe its time is clicking. I'll bet my last EXI, set GY48V limit to 80, turn V1 (Gyro Gain) to 2:30 and test fly again.
Set GY48V to analog solve the digital tail servo overheating problem. Now I can set travel limit properly.
GTstrudl is offline Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:01 PM
my mental eXcape!
HeliGriff's Avatar
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl View Post
Yeah I am the only man on earth still using stock TX. Maybe its time is clicking. I'll bet my last EXI, set GY48V limit to 80, turn V1 (Gyro Gain) to 2:30 and test fly again.
NOPE! I still have an all-original plastic version Dynam e-Razor 450 in the box, complete with original TX. In fact, I like the original TX. It's simple and easy to use.

The fact is, the linkage geometry isn't the best on these helis. After converting some of my Razors over to the DX8, I didn't see any big improvement by having level servo arms, etceteras. The tail actually holds better with the factory TX. Anyway, I'm keeping the original.

..and you thought I sold them all, silly Rabbit
HeliGriff is online now Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Last edited by HeliGriff; Mar 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:47 PM
cmd
Registered User
cmd's Avatar
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
NOPE! I still have an all-original plastic version Dynam e-Razor 450 in the box, complete with original TX. In fact, I like the original TX. It's simple and easy to use.

The fact is, the linkage geometry isn't the best on these helis. After converting some of my Razors over to the DX8, I didn't see any big improvement by having level servo arms, etceteras. The tail actually holds better with the factory TX. Anyway, I'm keeping the original.

..and you thought I sold them all, silly Rabbit
VERY glad to hear you are still with us. And yes, I'm still using the original transmitter. I've not yet converted to the Aurora 9.
cmd is online now Find More Posts by cmd
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
my mental eXcape!
HeliGriff's Avatar
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd View Post
VERY glad to hear you are still with us. And yes, I'm still using the original transmitter. I've not yet converted to the Aurora 9.
Thanks. I just love all that mechanical flybar hardware. I had to keep one in the fleet!
HeliGriff is online now Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2012, 09:00 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,016 Posts
Anyone using a HK401B gyro? If so, what tail servo do you recommend using with it on a ER 450?
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question E-Sky 4 CH Flight Simulator OR Dynam RC Tech 6-Channel vinay2070 Simulators 11 Jun 15, 2011 02:45 PM
Discussion Dynam E Razor 250 - Anyone else got one ? iamDerrick Micro Helis 14 Nov 23, 2010 10:26 PM
For Sale Dynam 6 Channel E-Razor 450 Metal 3D RC Helicopter RTF livinma1 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Dec 03, 2009 09:35 PM
Discussion E-Razor 250 Garrett1234567 3D Electric Heli Flying 0 Nov 26, 2009 08:12 PM
Sold DYNAM 250 Razor from xheli.com abletowinginc Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 9 Nov 15, 2009 09:11 PM