HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2015, 03:42 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,237 Posts
If you have access to a watt meter, that would tell us a lot about what going on with your setup.
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2015, 05:54 AM
Joined Sep 2013
80 Posts
Yep did that today and it was not pulling a lot, I think it was under 600
Mantamuzza is offline Find More Posts by Mantamuzza
Old Mar 28, 2015, 06:03 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
4,237 Posts
What are the rest of the figures. Watts alone doesn't tell much of a story. Also which prop, esc setup are you using, original or newer version?
dambit is online now Find More Posts by dambit
Old Today, 01:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,546 Posts
Two more flights today - no issues- great warbird!
kevin whitesell is online now Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 07:56 PM
Beno
Australia, SA, Plympton
Joined Sep 2011
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
Two more flights today - no issues- great warbird!
I remaidened my Yellow 6 after my ECS/BEC died on the first flight resulting in a snapped fuse and destroyed firewall. Although easily repaired I just grabbed a new fuse, and will eventually get around to fixing the other and keeping it as a spare.

The weather was perfect, a flat calm autumn morning, and the Wulf flew exceptionally well with the 100A Plush ESC on 5S. The first maiden required zero trim while this time around it required a lot of down trim and right aileron. I did rush the build the night before so it probably wasn't perfect but once trimmed there were no issues.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous after the last mishap and the heart was racing during that first flight thinking what if the electrics go again. After 4 flights I called it a morning and all was in tact and left the park a happy chappy. First landing I got the 190 bounce but after that, with some speed and a nice run out the next 3 were silky smooth landings.

It is a great flying plane, it just has real presence in the air, and is a worthy addition to the hangar for anyone sitting on the fence if they're not sure they should make the investment. I made 5 min flights, with a mixture of throttle management, but most was just easy going with the occasional speed pass and the cells came down with 3.96v on average. It has great climb, speedy roll on high rates, and can fly inverted very well.

The FW-190 is a keeper.

Regards Ben
CustomKid is offline Find More Posts by CustomKid
Last edited by CustomKid; Today at 08:16 PM.
Old Today, 08:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,546 Posts
It's just a great feeling when everything goes well with a warbird-eh Ben? I love packing a plane into my car in the same condition as when it first got to the field! Good luck with your yellow 6 as I have the red 8! Kevin
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:31 PM
Beno
Australia, SA, Plympton
Joined Sep 2011
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin whitesell View Post
It's just a great feeling when everything goes well with a warbird-eh Ben? I love packing a plane into my car in the same condition as when it first got to the field! Good luck with your yellow 6 as I have the red 8! Kevin
Yeah I agree Kevin, it's always good returning in once piece. Red 8 looks the goods too, and I was really torn as to which one I should get. Maybe when the funds permit I might get both

Regards Ben
CustomKid is offline Find More Posts by CustomKid
Old Today, 08:49 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomKid View Post
Yeah I agree Kevin, it's always good returning in once piece. Red 8 looks the goods too, and I was really torn as to which one I should get. Maybe when the funds permit I might get both

Regards Ben
Nice Ben- I have wanted for a couple of years to add an fms p-51 Big Beautiful Doll to my hanger! It's just currently our Canadian dollar is down to .80 us and the U.S.A. is where the vendors are! So when our buck regains i'll look into it further. The fms 1400mm Stuka I can get from SN Hobbies on our west coast to go with the fms fw-190.
RCG Plus Member