SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 26, 2014, 07:20 PM
Joined Nov 2014
9 Posts
Question
How to ACTUALLY setup an FPV system for a beginner?

So I've done a lot of research (well, I think) into FPV and there are SOOOOO many different makes of the same things, cameras, receivers, on screen display stuff etc. and it's all so confusing for a newbie like me to understand what exactly I need for an FPV setup

I've been flying my home built hexacopter for a couple of months now and I want to be able to explore just a little bit more so figured why not add FPV. All I'm wanting is a basic FPV system with a small camera (nothing special) which can have a range of a few hundred meters, but if it can go further then why not

What exactly is it I need? What parts etc and how do I connect it all together? I'm not too fussed if the system has to have a separate small battery for a power supply.I'd prefer to have an LCD display rather than goggles....for now.

People here seem to know a lot and so I'm hoping you guys can give me a helping hand.

Oh, and also, I'm on a tight budget. The cheaper the better I know quality will be compromised but I can improve later on.

Pavery is offline Find More Posts by Pavery
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2014, 08:42 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,431 Posts
Info here might help:
GSTV - Getting Started in FPV - Picking Your System (15 min 39 sec)
CaliDave is online now Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Dec 26, 2014, 09:05 PM
Eschew obfuscation
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined May 2011
974 Posts
Here is some inexpensive all-in-one, if that is what you want, but a bit more research and you can build-your-own.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2184050
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2234785
Qwin is offline Find More Posts by Qwin
Old Dec 30, 2014, 04:56 PM
helis, boats, cars and planes
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Oct 2013
428 Posts
Everything you need for FPV in sub 2 mile conditions comes with the Fatshark kit.

Just gorilla glue some velcro on to your quad, transmitter and camera and call it good. You don't need anything else to get started.
parajared is online now Find More Posts by parajared