HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2015, 03:53 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpsdrone View Post
Hi Syotr, thanks so much. I was checking the wrong turn... So sad that link is limited only withing the USA. I am overseas and the cheapest seller I found that has them and can ship to me costs more than double. For the same value there are kits of four motors but from alternative brands I have no clue how welll they perform. Then I rather play safe and get the ones you recommended but from a different seller. Thanks again, so much.
Hey, gpsdrone:

A helpful tip for you, and also many others ..

You may notice that you have no "country of origin" in your Profile, where your user name shows up on each post.

To fix this, at the top left of this, and ANY RC Groups page, under the RC Groups or ad banner is a button "MY RCGroups" .. click on it .. a new page pops up named MY RCGroups .. scroll down an inch or two to where is says "Edit Profile" .. click on "Set Location" .. follow the instructions .. when done, go to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" .. from then on, your country, state. province will come up on your every RCGroups post. This will be helpful to other users in many instances.

We all want to help other members sort out problems, source parts, bargains, etc. but if we have no clue where they are in the world, it can become discouraging ..

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:29 PM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27 View Post
I've been more and more involved in learning all there's to know about binding one of my V1.1.1 Phantoms to a Futaba 14SG Tx, so I haven't been on this thread for a while.

Any how.... a lot of you guys (past & present ) have helped me quite a bit, so when I ran across this startup company promoting an interesting new OA system, I thought I'd pass it on in case you haven't heard about them before.

I just love the entrepreneurial (had to goggle to get spelling right) spirit this country offers people with good ideas and this one kind of reminds me of how Microsoft got started.

Check it out and think about getting in on the ground floor.....

http://www.panoptesuav.com/

BTW .... I'm still doing research on this company and have NOT yet invested in their kickstarter .... but I'm getting close.
If they get any easier to fly we might as well stay home and send the quads to the flying field and they can rth when there done.
FloridaFlyBob is online now Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Open the bay doors... HAL
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2013
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFlyBob View Post
If they get any easier to fly we might as well stay home and send the quads to the flying field and they can rth when there done.
RTH does not equal Obstacle avoidance....

Try flying at great distance and see if your depth perception can reliably tell you if a tree branch or flag pole is in front of or behind your quad.

More tools in your tool box means you're a better pilot.
DJI27 is offline Find More Posts by DJI27
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
13,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI27 View Post
RTH does not equal Obstacle avoidance....

Try flying at great distance and see if your depth perception can reliably tell you if a tree branch or flag pole is in front of or behind your quad.

More tools in your tool box means you're a better pilot.
There is an add on optical avoidance system which steers you around things or makes the quad go higher. You can probably find it on Google. No matter where it is it will RTH without running into anything. It works no matter which direction you go. If you fly toward trees, it will either go higher over them, or go around them.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz