Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
12,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondoflier View Post
Guys,
I received my new Z15 5D HD gimbal. I tested gimbal and
it was perfect!
To setup mu station, I download DJI Zenmuse Assistant 1.4 and it showed me available updates.
Logically I updated the software snf got IMU 1.12, and GCU.
After the update the gimbal is behaving crazy, and GCU is not recognized, and DJI assistant show me
it is BMPCC! Did anyone had an experience like this, or know a solution?
thanks
Unfortunately, this is a known issue. The GCU will have to be replaced. Please call DJI and arrange for an exchange. Sorry.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Tradecraft Case for the Inspire
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 07:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
380 Posts
I did..and I'm trying...but Ed can you tell me how is it possible that customers are not warned about this issue? Not only me as a customer, but the dealer didn't know about this. I am failing to find any logical explanation why a billion dollar company like DJI would conduct their business in such a way . Maybe you can shed some light on this? Did I mention I waited more than a 100 days for a replacement gimbal because the first one had terrible horizon drifting problem?
I will not go into my financial loss and stress and frustration , because I guess you can imagine.
Do you or anybody in DJI discuss about these things?
gondoflier is offline Find More Posts by gondoflier
Old Mar 24, 2015, 08:25 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
12,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gondoflier View Post
I did..and I'm trying...but Ed can you tell me how is it possible that customers are not warned about this issue? Not only me as a customer, but the dealer didn't know about this. I am failing to find any logical explanation why a billion dollar company like DJI would conduct their business in such a way . Maybe you can shed some light on this? Did I mention I waited more than a 100 days for a replacement gimbal because the first one had terrible horizon drifting problem?
I will not go into my financial loss and stress and frustration , because I guess you can imagine.
Do you or anybody in DJI discuss about these things?
I'm truly sorry for this and yes we do pass these type of issues along. DJI is growing rapidly and sometime things fall through the cracks. I know this is no excuse.

Please contact support and give pm or Ed your RMA number we will do our best to expedite this replacement.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: New ** 6s1p Dinogy 22,000mAh**
Old Mar 25, 2015, 04:31 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
226 Posts
Ok so I finally got some time to test out if the new GH3 HDMI cable was the source of my Lightbridge Problems....well it was and it still isn't...here's what I've got so far...

Bought and installed new GH3 HDMI Cable - easy no problem...
set my GH4 HD gimbal to HD
setup the GH3 camera as shown on the DJI youtube video (f2.0 1/200 iso 6400) tried all the video setings and used AWB
Borrowed a Samsung from a buddy and used the app to change all the settings - selected Gimbal HD - used the auto select for transmission mode (although switching manually between smooth / full hd / and realtime was the better method - used in master mode / basically setup up per the instructions to the T (yes capital T)
My OSD passes through (so that's a success)
The camera image is trying to pass through - all antennas are getting great signal - but the video is garbled (like I'm 12 again trying to watch the naught channel...)
I'm so frustrated that I could throw this system out the door except we've spend to much money and time that I need to do at least a few jobs to recoup....I'm about 2 secoonds away from getting a 600w immersion and going SD which will work all day long but I really do want to pass HD signal as this is the entire point of the LB...

Any suggestions - should I just replace every single wire in the gimbal and between all the boards...the gimbal is only 2 months old so I can't believe it wouldn't work.
maxx4wd is offline Find More Posts by maxx4wd
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:15 AM
Joined Feb 2013
226 Posts
ok I partially fixed the Gimbal -
1. went through and re-flashed all systems - didn't really do anything but thought it couldn't hurt
2. messed with and replace a pinched cable that must have been damaged somehow - got really excited that that would fix the issue - improved the garble so it was now full screen and could make out my hand every once and a while.
3. abandoned all hope for a G7 connection - luckily I had ordered another generic hdmi cable on my last order - plugged one end to the camera directly and the other to the AV port on the lightbridge and a few setting clicks later I have SD video...so my conclusion is that the GH3 (at least mine with the current fimware) will absolutely not pass a HD signal to the lightbridge...when I have a spare 1400 around or when prices drop I'll pick up a GH4 and start this insane process all over again

I would have never went with DJI Lightbridge if I had known it was going to take this much time and effort to pass a crappy SD signal...oh an now I can only spin the gimbal about 180 to 270 degrees before I potentially rip the cable out of either the lightbridge or the camera...so that kind sucks too....only reason for posting is that hopefully someone else with this issue can learn from my mistake and just not use the lightbridge with the GH3 (despite all advertised claims it will NOT pass a HD signal from the camera). just my $.02
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:53 PM
Cinematographer
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2013
2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx4wd View Post
1. went through and re-flashed all systems - didn't really do anything but thought it couldn't hurt
2. messed with and replace a pinched cable that must have been damaged somehow - got really excited that that would fix the issue - improved the garble so it was now full screen and could make out my hand every once and a while.
3. abandoned all hope for a G7 connection - luckily I had ordered another generic hdmi cable on my last order - plugged one end to the camera directly and the other to the AV port on the lightbridge and a few setting clicks later I have SD video...so my conclusion is that the GH3 (at least mine with the current fimware) will absolutely not pass a HD signal to the lightbridge...when I have a spare 1400 around or when prices drop I'll pick up a GH4 and start this insane process all over again

I would have never went with DJI Lightbridge if I had known it was going to take this much time and effort to pass a crappy SD signal...oh an now I can only spin the gimbal about 180 to 270 degrees before I potentially rip the cable out of either the lightbridge or the camera...so that kind sucks too....only reason for posting is that hopefully someone else with this issue can learn from my mistake and just not use the lightbridge with the GH3 (despite all advertised claims it will NOT pass a HD signal from the camera). just my $.02
You are not alone by a long shot. My gimbal was serviced by DJI in LA. When I sent it to them I had both picture and camera control. Now I only have picture,but no camera control. After questioning what was going on I was issued another RMA to send in the WHOLE CRAFT???? That isn't going to happen as high flying season is upon us and I need the craft to do paying jobs. I love the craft,but the gimbal has been problematic from day one.
Burntpixel is offline Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Old Mar 26, 2015, 03:14 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
12,810 Posts
Quote:

The gh3 and Lightbridge work without an issue.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: New ** 6s1p Dinogy 22,000mAh**
Old Mar 26, 2015, 04:58 PM
Joined Feb 2013
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Ok if you say so....that has not been my experience and there is nothing you can say to me to make that true...all I've had is issues....I refuse to send it in for service due to the myriad of additional issues I've had (or my close fellow flyers have had) come back on other products (most of them due to the so called service - don't believe me read just the last few pages of this single forum thread)...sorry I know you work for or with them but denying a fundamental flaw won't make it go away. Don't get me wrong when the products are working as purchased they're a great value - they're generally pretty easy to fly and can be relatively reliable but compared with other systems I've used I would expect much more consistent results.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 05:02 PM
Joined Feb 2013
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntpixel View Post
You are not alone by a long shot. My gimbal was serviced by DJI in LA. When I sent it to them I had both picture and camera control. Now I only have picture,but no camera control. After questioning what was going on I was issued another RMA to send in the WHOLE CRAFT???? That isn't going to happen as high flying season is upon us and I need the craft to do paying jobs. I love the craft,but the gimbal has been problematic from day one.
Yeah I'm with you - don't mean to get on a soap box but if the shoe fits I think its worth letting others that are thinking about the purchase know the risks that they are taking with the products...I have had no issues with the A2 or the craft itself so in that regard I do have confidence in the Craft but the gimbals (pretty much all of the ones I've had from DJI are very fragile). When they work they're great - and maybe we are small percent that have the issue but that still remains to be seen...flying season is starting and I'm with you - can't wait to get these birds in the air for some paying gigs...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:09 PM
Cinematographer
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jun 2013
2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Burntpixel is offline Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Old Mar 28, 2015, 02:10 AM
Joined Apr 2011
77 Posts
Can someome help me with this ?

As soon as i turn camera, video on monitor is like this, numbers are jumping upd and doen,

before powering camera, iosd mini showing good data and all is ok

Gh2 zenmuse, usin secraft adapter and using Lumix gh3, it was working fine
djbojan is offline Find More Posts by djbojan
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:31 AM
Joined Mar 2015
1 Posts
I updated my GH3 gimbal yesterday because of sudden small yaw movements, but now i got an bigger problem instead, it seems like it rebooting during flight, the videofeed is lost for about 3 seconds when this happens, i run dual operator so its in free mode. It happens around every 4-7 min. The gimbal is perfect balanced.
I run A2 on v2.4 and the gimbal on latest.
As you can see down here it can really ruin a great shot.

Video:
http://youtu.be/tWNcuUd5ZJo

Does anyone experience the same?
airviewmedia is offline Find More Posts by airviewmedia
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:23 AM
Broadcast Engineer
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2013
261 Posts
And the horizon is crooked.... maybe reflash it again? I had the pan twitch that was introduced in the August firmware. That seems to be fixed but the horizon problem has not been fixed.
This almost looks like it is returning to FPV position mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by airviewmedia View Post
I updated my GH3 gimbal yesterday because of sudden small yaw movements, but now i got an bigger problem instead, it seems like it rebooting during flight, the videofeed is lost for about 3 seconds when this happens, i run dual operator so its in free mode. It happens around every 4-7 min. The gimbal is perfect balanced.
I run A2 on v2.4 and the gimbal on latest.
As you can see down here it can really ruin a great shot.

Video:
http://youtu.be/tWNcuUd5ZJo

Does anyone experience the same?
89ragtopgt is offline Find More Posts by 89ragtopgt
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:14 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
Joined Jan 2006
12,810 Posts
Quote:
Ok if you say so....that has not been my experience and there is nothing you can say to me to make that true...all I've had is issues....I refuse to send it in for service due to the myriad of additional issues I've had (or my close fellow flyers have had) come back on other products (most of them due to the so called service - don't believe me read just the last few pages of this single forum thread)...sorry I know you work for or with them but denying a fundamental flaw won't make it go away. Don't get me wrong when the products are working as purchased they're a great value - they're generally pretty easy to fly and can be relatively reliable but compared with other systems I've used I would expect much more consistent results.
Sorry no flaw.. I have been using a gh3 in a gh4 HD gimbal with lb for almost a year now. Make sure video output is set to HD gimbal.

Just because I have relations with dji doesn't mean I wouldn't be honest. With the newest firmware and lb I can't get shutter to work. It has been reported and hoping for a fix.

It would be counterproductive to tell you something works when it does not. You either have it setup wrong or you have a bad HD/av board.

Edit, here is my setup just so you dont think I'm denying the issue
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4891
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blade strike; Mar 29, 2015 at 11:43 AM.