HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:41 PM
Joined Jan 2015
13 Posts
Discussion
New 10A 80W Turnigy Acucell 6?

I recently decided to get my first real charger, and went with the Turnigy Acucell 6. I just went to HK, found it and ordered from a US warehouse. As soon as I received it, I was confused why the power output was an XT60 connector, since I had only seen a standard DC jack input. Upon further inspection, I realized that mine must be a newer model. Different color scheme and higher power output.

After figuring out how to power it, I was really pleased and decided to try to calibrate the balancing as I had seen in forum posts and YouTube videos. Instead of opening the menu, the screen stayed blue and the fan sounded like it slowly kept speeding up. After letting go, it will show a "System Update, Please Wait," and stay at that. Nothing in the manual, so I chatted with a technician on HK, but he obviously didn't know much more than me. Does anyone have this model or know if calibration is possible?
domster26 is offline Find More Posts by domster26
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:45 PM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Sep 2011
147 Posts
Very cool. That charger was due for a facelift.
Jon58 is offline Find More Posts by Jon58
Old Mar 01, 2015, 05:01 PM
Joined Jan 2015
13 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the calibration? Thanks.
Old Mar 01, 2015, 05:32 PM
United States, MI, Romeo
Joined Apr 2009
2,873 Posts
On the original Accucell 6 you could calibrate, but the next generation Accucell 6 lost that capability because of other added features.

I'm thinking this new version may still not have the calibration feature.
tacx is offline Find More Posts by tacx
Old Mar 01, 2015, 05:34 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
6,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domster26 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the calibration? Thanks.
My 50W version does not have a calibration feature. What does the manual for the 80W version say?

Please post a link to the youtube videos you mentioned in post #1.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM
Joined Jan 2015
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
My 50W version does not have a calibration feature. What does the manual for the 80W version say?

Please post a link to the youtube videos you mentioned in post #1.

Glen
The manual doesn't say anything about it. I contacted turnigy, but haven't received a response yet. I do have good news though: I checked the cell voltage with the charger and the multimeter and they were almost identical. I believe it may have been a few hundredths of a volt off. I still hope there is a calibration feature though. Maybe you can update it somehow since it says "System Update" as shown in the picture.
Old Today, 04:10 AM
France, PCh, Saint-Fraigne
Joined Feb 2007
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domster26 View Post
The manual doesn't say anything about it. I contacted turnigy, but haven't received a response yet. I do have good news though: I checked the cell voltage with the charger and the multimeter and they were almost identical. I believe it may have been a few hundredths of a volt off. I still hope there is a calibration feature though. Maybe you can update it somehow since it says "System Update" as shown in the picture.
Not sure if this helps but here is a section from the HK item description.

"It is also able to connect this charger to your PC using a USB cable (not supplied) so you can monitor pack voltage, cell voltage and other data through real-time graphs during charging. You can also control charging and update firmware from "Charge Master".

It would appear that you update the firmware via software (charge master) on your PC.
chavender is online now Find More Posts by chavender