Old May 15, 2015, 12:50 AM
Find More Posts by David Olson
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Jun 2010
2,421 Posts
Contest
SVSS Summer Soaring Challenge June 26, 27 and 28th

I know many of you already attend the Summer Soaring Challenge that SVSS puts on at their beautiful flying site every year in Davis, CA.

......just in case a few have not heard about it or have not previously attended it is a great event that always get a huge turn out.

Friday is an ALES Contest with 4 Rounds. Most of the day will be available to open flying other than the 2 to 3 hours for the ALES event.

It is such a treat to fly on "that beautiful green stuff"!

They get many pilots that drive in from all around the West..

Now you can register and pay all from the club's website:

http://www.svss.org/Summer_Soaring_Challenge.html

Check out the details of the contest:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2359169

Dave
David Olson is offline Find More Posts by David Olson
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by David Olson; May 15, 2015 at 01:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2015, 01:47 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,421 Posts
Last Saturday Ron Vann and I drove to SVSS to attend the TD Contest and Club Meeting after the Contest. (Ron Vann won the contest btw - way to go Ron!)

Tim Copp, Ron Vann, Mart Falarski, Scott Woodward, Lou Fox, Aaron Lewis, Bruce Lewis and myself were just some of the "slope" pilots that enjoy TD flying at SVSS, we all were at last Saturday's TD Contest at SVSS.

I forgot how nice it is to fly off grass and what a wide open area they have to fly. They serve a great lunch under a huge pole barn like shade structure to boot.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by David Olson; May 15, 2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old May 15, 2015, 02:27 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,421 Posts
SVSS Donates $500 Cash to the USA F3B Team Fund:

Ron and I attended the club meeting after the contest. Mart was kind enough to put me on the club itinerary. I asked if the club would consider donating something to the F3B Team Fund..........without hesitation they immediately voted to donate $500 to the USA F3B Team Fund.

I just feel like I should help SVSS get the word out about their 2 Day Summer Soaring Challenge since it is the club's major source of funding for the year and I just put a big dent in it.

We are part of such a small sailplane community.........we all have to look out for one another........
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2015, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by jtlsf5
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,644 Posts
Thank you Dave. SVSS has some history with the F3B program. Team trials in 2000, supplied some random guy as TM in 2003.

JT
jtlsf5 is offline Find More Posts by jtlsf5
Old May 17, 2015, 10:20 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2,421 Posts
Lol..........some random guy being you of course in 2003:-).........the 2000 TS - that Team went on at the 2001 WC in the Czech Republic to see Darryl Perkins and Joe Wurts take first and second I believe.

Today SVSS is putting on their second F5J Event........check it out.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2383385
RCG Plus Member