SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 21, 2015, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by bwill6
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch View Post
That stuff is awesome for peg installs. But how do you keep the glue from hardening in the bottle after it's been opened?
I used it for one peg install. I don't like how the peg flexes when I throw. Maybe I did it wrong, though
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2015, 10:49 AM
Find More Posts by Zedtwitz
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen View Post
There is no way the D60's can do what a good digital servo can do. I've used the D60 and they would not do the same minute trailing edge adjustments a DLG needs. That's my experience with aileron servo's. For the fuse the D47 still work well when used with spring/string and a moderate thrower.
Of course they can't; they're analog. D60s are noted for being very hard to kill - which is good for a beginner. I doubt he needs (or even has) the kind of finesse digital servos allow.

As you said, the D47 or its cheap clones like these, are pretty good for rudder and elevator.

The PowerHD servo is cheap enough ($4 each!) that you can just bring a couple with you and replace them right on the field if you have a hard landing. I've only broken two in the last year or so, and only due to pilot error. I would not be surprised if they're from the same factory as the Dymond version. Again, not a digital servo, but not that many people really need them. If your linkages are properly designed, you can get perfectly good service from D47s and D60s.
Zedtwitz is offline Find More Posts by Zedtwitz
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Find More Posts by Ken Smith
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe W View Post
I've used thin and medium CA, but my favorite is the rubberized CA (sometimes found as "tire glue"). I've also used the rubberized stuff to bond my last few vertical tails, although I did find that on one fuselage I had to replace my pull cables due to the glue getting to places it shouldn't be...
Loctite makes a glue very similar to these products http://t.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-4g-...589/202020461/
I have had very little experience with the product but at less the $5.00 a bottle plan to do some experimenting with it.
Right now I am doing a test with Goop and another glue for holding power (no problem with the Goop) I wanted to see how hard it is to remove a servo after setup.
The other is a Locktite product that I have used for years in foamie power ships http://t.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-1-f...694/202487188/ this product has worked very good for servo placement but then these are pocket installs, not in the open as in the Blaster or Snipe. Have used to install nose weight and other items.
This product is not acceptable for our use, it popped right off. I am thinking it needs a porous surface to work.
Just info

Ken
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Last edited by Ken Smith; Yesterday at 09:21 AM. Reason: Test results