New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 13, 2015, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by Timewerx
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Discussion
Shop that sells Nine Eagles or Blade helis in Jeddah, Saudi??

I was just wondering if anyone here has gone to Jeddah and knows where to find a store that sells Nine Eagles or Blade helis upfront??

I have no mailing address so ordering online is not an option for me.

I have no car either so going around to look around is expensive and relatively dangerous so I need to keep going out as little as possible.
Timewerx is offline Find More Posts by Timewerx
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2015, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by spykez
Cá bhfuil an linn snámha?
Joined Jul 2011
1,952 Posts
Boy, I don't envy your situation.

How about a work address? Or a friendly local's you can use? That may open up online options.
spykez is online now Find More Posts by spykez
Old Oct 13, 2015, 01:57 AM
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Boy, I don't envy your situation.

How about a wsearch address? Or a friendly local's you can use? That may open up online options.
My job here ends March next year. Hopefully, I can find a much better country for new job.

Friendly locals are my last option.... I only got few and I really don't want asking favors from them.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 03:43 AM
Find More Posts by abenn
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
13,268 Posts
It might be worth contacting these guys.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Oct 13, 2015, 03:56 AM
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Thanks Abenn. I just hope they can speak in English and carry 9Es or Blades!

Their site doesn't show their shop catalogue, oh well... That's typical in this place
Old Oct 13, 2015, 04:03 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,952 Posts
One more thing to consider. Having moved about for a bit, dragging a ton of kit around is a right pain in the arse, tbh.

I presume you're looking for a cheap tiny micro because of your situation?

If you are, if you could get a local shipping address, the V977 from wherever, bangggood I would suggest, RTF, doesn't cost a lot in relation to Blade. The packaging can be reused to pack it when you move and its compact.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
One more thing to consider. Having moved about for a bit, dragging a ton of kit around is a right pain in the arse, tbh.

I presume you're looking for a cheap tiny micro because of your situation?

If you are, if you could get a local shipping address, the V977 from wherever, bangggood I would suggest, RTF, doesn't cost a lot in relation to Blade. The packaging can be reused to pack it when you move and its compact.
That's right!

But no CP flying either, for now due to my cramped indoor space. I just want one of the cheap 9E 4ch Coax for modding.

And I don't have my 6ch Walkera 2801 TX with me so I could just buy a compatible CP heli and bind it to the TX.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 05:32 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,952 Posts
Try a hisky cp 80 v2. The batteries are crap but the heli flies fine indoors. Can change the connectors, that said, to use other 1S lipos.

Or get a nano, I guess. More expensive but at least the lipos are better.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 01:26 AM
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
Try a hisky cp 80 v2. The batteries are crap but the heli flies fine indoors. Can change the connectors, that said, to use other 1S lipos.

Or get a nano, I guess. More expensive but at least the lipos are better.
That looks good!

That will have to wait until I get my 2801 TX which is collecting dust at home.

However, it says, it's a 6G, reviews say it lags at 3axis mode. I prefer to fly CPs with handling like good 'ol barred helis so I guess that would be 3 axis, rate mode with zero lag. It may not be good for me. I have an old 120 size 4G6 which could be converted to V120D02 by simply upgrading the RX to FBL.. The 4G6 has better quality, lighter frame than the V120. I already have a plastic FBL head for it and just a little programming tweaks on the TX
Last edited by Timewerx; Oct 14, 2015 at 01:35 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 01:32 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewerx View Post
That looks good!

That will have to wait until I get my 2801 TX which is collecting dust at home.
I don't think the old Walkera radios are compatible with a lot of the cheap micros the likes you can get from Banggood, though.

In fact, I'm not even sure if you can get a Walkera 120 or mini CP that is compatible with the 2801.

Might want to consider that when you decide to pull the trigger one way or the other.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 06:47 AM
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
Quote:
I don't think the old Walkera radios are compatible with a lot of the cheap micros the likes you can get from Banggood, though.

In fact, I'm not even sure if you can get a Walkera 120 or mini CP that is compatible with the 2801.

Might want to consider that when you decide to pull the trigger one way or the other.

I bought my 2801 Pro last 2009. It could run everything in Walkera's inventory at that time including their first FBL models. There's not even a rumor of the DEVOs yet.

I saw a vid of the 120 with the 2801 Pro.