Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by FISHTROUT
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Oct 2013
476 Posts
New Product
New Freewing 70mm YAK-130 4S or 6S

Updating the thread for accurate info.

This is another jet which has been in development for some time but we’ve endeavored to keep under the wraps until it is in production. The model is already in full production as of earlier this month and our shipment is anticipated to be on the water within 2-3 weeks. Below is more information from our product page. Flight videos are about three days away from publication. Anyone near Apollo Field is welcome to fly it this Saturday afternoon. We’ve had T-Cat and five others fly it so far but I always welcome trading a test drive for honest feedback for pilots wanting to give this red wonder a spin. Frankly this is my favorite 70mm jet at the moment alongside the Freewing F-104 and Dynam Meteor.

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-yak...m-edf-jet-pnp/

“Introducing the Freewing 70mm Yak-130, the latest in Freewing’s exciting 70mm 6s jet series! This aircraft delivers on so many levels and truly impressed us at the flying field. Finally, a compact and affordable model of the popular Yak-130 design with a range of features seldom seen in the 70mm format.

On the ground and in the air, the Yak-130 looks fantastic at any angle. The high visibility “Red 02” trainer scheme gives pilots a scale model which is still very easy to orient in the sky. If you’re looking for a change from gray military jets, the Yak-130 will certainly stand out from the crowd! A detailed canopy and high scale fidelity profile capture the unique lines of this modern jet trainer, and over 50 waterslide decals are meticulously applied by hand to complete the look.

Even beyond its striking visual appeal, where the Yak-130 truly excels is its performance envelope. Pre-installed flaps shorten takeoff roll on pavement to a brief ~75 feet, and with full flaps the model can land to a stop in less than 100 with a slight headwind. The stock PNP’s 6s power system propels the Yak-130 to speeds approaching 90mph straight and level, and gives the aircraft nearly unlimited vertical. With its large vertical stabilizer, the Yak-130 can hold a rock steady knife edge or execute the most stable four point roll of any Freewing jet in this class. The stall is very gentle and slowly nose down, forecasted by a telltale wing rocking which gives pilots plenty of notice to power up.

The battery bay is spacious to accommodate CG with a 6s 3000-4000mAh lipo. For pilots interested in installing a 70mm 4s power system, we found that a 4s 4000mAh lipo is ideal for a lightweight setup. The simplified landing gear is durable, utilizing metal trunions and steel coiled struts on the mains for dependable operation on pavement, geomat, or very short and evenly cut grass. For the ultimate in a lightweight 70mm trainer, the landing gear can also be removed and the aircraft can be hand tossed and belly landed.

Assembly is very straightforward. The wings each attach to the fuselage with two screws and a primary carbon wing spar. The vertical stabilizer and horizontal stabilizer tail group is glued on; we recommend 5 minute epoxy. The layout still allows easy access to the elevator servos for adjustment or replacement. A neat feature we enjoy is that the wingtip rails are smartly sheathed in plastic, to ward against dings or scratches during transport or a tipped landing. The EDF is easily accessed by a removable hatch on the aircraft’s belly, and the ESC is kept secure in a channel along the inner spine of the fuselage to give it sufficient cooling without obstructing airflow.

Freewing’s 70mm Yak-130 offers pilots the perfect transition aircraft from 64mm/70mm into 80mm/90mm jets. We found the Yak-130 to be ideal as a first or second jet with retracts for pilots looking to gain experience and confidence before making the jump into larger models. Even expert level pilots will appreciate the fun flight envelope of this unique modern jet trainer.”

PS:
We know Yak130 90mm EDF jet is a very stable and beautiful jet.
Of cause, Yak130 90mm EDF jet is very expensive. We hope to bring our Yak130 to the jet beginners. So, we produced this 70mm EDF Yak130.
Through our test flight, we are very happy to tell you, it's one of very excellent EDF jet trainer.
About 70-Yak130 release
We don't want to release it so early, since we don't prepare well. A new product, from sample to ship to American, it need 2-3 month time, I don't think it's a good thing. Too long time to wait, it will make people anxious.
The video you mentioned, its just one of our test video. Limited by technology,the video took not good. We have asked the Motion RC to shoot a clearer high resolution video, its in editing process, it should be released soon.
Very sorry, and hope you can understand!
We have some photos in here, share with you to know more this product!
FISHTROUT is offline Find More Posts by FISHTROUT
Last edited by FISHTROUT; Aug 28, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:50 AM
Joined Oct 2013
476 Posts
I've been looking at the 90mm version of this plane for awhile.. Just can't bring myself to spending the amount of money it costs.. So this is much more desirable IMO.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Joined Dec 2013
6,289 Posts
Good find .. Right colour... I have a 6s 70mm unit ready for this plane.. Also takes 7s..
HellHathNoFury is offline Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Old Jul 23, 2015, 02:08 AM
Joined Dec 2013
6,289 Posts
EPO or EPS ??
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:02 AM
Joined Oct 2013
476 Posts
I would imagine its EPO. But doesnt state that anywhere. I'll try to find out
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by tdford
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO
Joined Dec 2012
3,519 Posts
Interesting find. Look forward to more info.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:34 PM
Joined Oct 2013
476 Posts
I asked the following questions

Hi Stella,
I'm inquiring about the new YAK-130 70mm from freewing. I have a couple questions.
What kind of foam. EPO?
also the Kit plus verizion for 4s and 6s why the difference in price? If they do not include the motor and esc shouldnt they be the same price? or are there physical differences between the two models.
WHen is the projected release date in August?
Are there any more pics of the plane? IE undercarriage, landing gear,. up close pics. battery bay etc?
thanks for your time
Steve

and received a reply they would get back to me next week with the answers
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:26 PM
Joined Dec 2013
6,289 Posts
Thanks Fishtrout... I bet it will be using the 80mm Jet retracts ..
Old Jul 24, 2015, 06:54 PM
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
19,619 Posts
Looks good. I too could not see dropping that much for the 90mm, this one looks to be right in my price range!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jul 24, 2015, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by Bajora
KA6KHM
Joined Sep 2004
14,550 Posts
Pat took the words right outta my mouth. That 90mm was (is) a real looker but I had a hard time reconciling the price.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2015, 01:34 AM
Joined Oct 2013
476 Posts
Yep right in line with my pocketbook.
The FW F16 was/is expensive counting batteries etc close to a G. Evertime i fly it, i got the nerves making my thumbs all twitchy and what not. I think im more at ease flying a little less money around the sky
Old Jul 27, 2015, 01:13 PM
Joined Oct 2013
476 Posts
I haven't received any info back from the inquiry of questions I asked before, But I did find out the main difference between the 4S and 6S version other than thrust system is the servos are plastic gear in the 4S and metal gear in the 6S version
Old Jul 27, 2015, 05:00 PM
Joined Dec 2013
6,289 Posts
Forget the plastic junk...well remember those on my A-10.. Aileron ones kaputted on maiden & stalled ..... Better off buying a kit & put some decent electrics on it .. Well worth it..
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by xviper
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
8,677 Posts
"Package Size: 20cm x 8cm x 12cm (7.87in x 3.15in x 4.72in)"

Do you have to add water to make it grow to size?
xviper is offline Find More Posts by xviper
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:17 PM
Joined Dec 2013
6,289 Posts
Haha...