Old Jan 29, 2016, 09:58 PM
Find More Posts by FlyinHiAgain
AvidAirAce
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Mar 2015
157 Posts
After the hours of building this kit to my specs and other countless hours swapping out messed up retracts and an atrocious horizontal stab I finally almost have her done .

Do yourself a favor kids and order this jet from any other place but MotionRC. Unless you want the entire plane croc-skinned ready for you with damage to "pick a moving part" go with a company that has good quality back up spare parts cause Motion sure as hell doesn't for the F86.

I speak from experience and can tell you I thought the paint job would be amazing and this a pretty jet.
Up close it's not. You can see the horizontal stab deformities from across the room and there's no getting away from that croc-skin across both wings... which just so happen to be warped.

Get it together Freewing and Motion. This is too much money to look like a secondhand LX out the box.

Plan to post flight footage this weekend. Just in case your wondering I'm running RoaringTop 6s 4500mah 35c packs. By far the lightest lipo for the F86 I could find for $30 less then the recommended 4000mah 60c admiral. ...that's another subject altogether. My Roaring Top's weigh 625g and deliver the 90 amps needed for my inrunner setup without barely getting warm. Break em in tho just like any other lipo.

Peace.... and my apologies for the rant.
FlyinHiAgain is online now Find More Posts by FlyinHiAgain
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:04 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
5,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000 View Post
It's the outrunner version.

Tartago - thanks...need to flare a bit more for greasier landings
You did a great job flying it all of the way to the ground...You just need to back off of the throttle to get the nose up on final and ride the throttle to about 2' off of the ground...Reduce the throttle and initiate the flare...That plane will settle in like a butterfly with sore feet!!!...And after the mains touch you can hold back on the elevator and add a little throttle and the plane will do the nicest wheelie for as long as you like......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 30, 2016, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by urrl
In the pipe 5 by 5...
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
2,806 Posts
Short clip of F-16 morning flight
F-86 and Stinger Flights (5 min 21 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Jan 31, 2016, 04:26 PM
AvidAirAce
Joined Mar 2015
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Short clip of F-16 morning flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmWvDpiIJeI
That Stinger is pretty quick man. No way that's the stock 6s ryt?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by cloud9000
United States, CA, Dublin
Joined May 2009
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
You did a great job flying it all of the way to the ground...You just need to back off of the throttle to get the nose up on final and ride the throttle to about 2' off of the ground...Reduce the throttle and initiate the flare...That plane will settle in like a butterfly with sore feet!!!...And after the mains touch you can hold back on the elevator and add a little throttle and the plane will do the nicest wheelie for as long as you like......

Kevin
Thanks for the tip Kevin!
I just need more practice landing this as it is only my second EDF I've owned. I usually fly warbirds and got the hang of greasing tail draggers pretty good. Here's one I'm proud of from this morning

Freewing 1400mm P51 Mustang repainted as Big Beautiful Doll

Freewing 1400mm RC P51 Mustang - Greased Landing (0 min 34 sec)
cloud9000 is offline Find More Posts by cloud9000
Old Jan 31, 2016, 09:16 PM
AvidAirAce
Joined Mar 2015
157 Posts
If you can land a tail dragger trike gear should be a none issue.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:00 PM
Find More Posts by mkpatrick
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
2,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000 View Post
Thanks for the tip Kevin!
I just need more practice landing this as it is only my second EDF I've owned. I usually fly warbirds and got the hang of greasing tail draggers pretty good. Here's one I'm proud of from this morning

Freewing 1400mm P51 Mustang repainted as Big Beautiful Doll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5eMZAvEuyQ
That's one to aspire to....
mkpatrick is offline Find More Posts by mkpatrick
Old Feb 02, 2016, 05:08 PM
Find More Posts by Tartago
Plane crazy
Joined Apr 2006
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha10 View Post
It does not sound better in any way.

Exactly, the inrunner is MUCH smoother due to the superior balancing etc... Anyone that tells you any different is biased. Inrunners ALWAYS sound and perform better IME.

Plus, I've run the stock setup on a buddies F86 and I almost fell asleep. I was 80-100% throttle for the entire flight just to keep it in the air. It was terrible.
I have the in runner and a mate has the out runner version. Side by side the out runner whoosh is much pure.
The inrunner still has a electric motor sound.

The stock flies great on my mate's plane. My plane has about 20% more punch, that's all.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Feb 06, 2016, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by jhamm
USA, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2003
739 Posts
Gyro mounted

Finally decided how to cram everything in.

This is an awesome jet
jhamm is online now Find More Posts by jhamm
Old Feb 06, 2016, 09:35 AM
Find More Posts by jhamm
USA, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2003
739 Posts
Custom Cockpit

Does anyone know if there are any custom cockpits that will fit this jet that will not break the bank. I checked with HK and they don't have any.

Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 06, 2016, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by urrl
In the pipe 5 by 5...
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
2,806 Posts
Harry's morning flight
Harrys F-86 (2 min 56 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Feb 07, 2016, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by fishface5
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2014
1,492 Posts
Job well done, My F86 is my go to jet during this winter
fishface5 is online now Find More Posts by fishface5
Old Feb 08, 2016, 03:27 PM
Find More Posts by Garyss
Joined Aug 2006
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhamm View Post
Does anyone know if there are any custom cockpits that will fit this jet that will not break the bank. I checked with HK and they don't have any.

Thanks for the info.
There has been some discussion in various parts of this thread about modifying the cockpit area to improve things, but it's mostly homemade. Photos of the full scale F-86 are resizeable/adaptable with a good printer.

One poster re-positioned the pilot to a more appropriate stance in the cockpit. Here are some copied photos within this thread. You can access all photos by going to thread tools and clicking on "attachments". I apologize of you already know this. If interested you might track down the poster from the pictures and PM him for more info, etc.
Garyss is offline Find More Posts by Garyss
Old Feb 08, 2016, 04:19 PM
Find More Posts by jhamm
USA, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2003
739 Posts
Great! Thanks
Old Feb 09, 2016, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by weedsnager
United States, IN, St John
Joined Mar 2011
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinHiAgain View Post
After the hours of building this kit to my specs and other countless hours swapping out messed up retracts and an atrocious horizontal stab I finally almost have her done .

Do yourself a favor kids and order this jet from any other place but MotionRC. Unless you want the entire plane croc-skinned ready for you with damage to "pick a moving part" go with a company that has good quality back up spare parts cause Motion sure as hell doesn't for the F86.

I speak from experience and can tell you I thought the paint job would be amazing and this a pretty jet.
Up close it's not. You can see the horizontal stab deformities from across the room and there's no getting away from that croc-skin across both wings... which just so happen to be warped.

Get it together Freewing and Motion. This is too much money to look like a secondhand LX out the box.

Plan to post flight footage this weekend. Just in case your wondering I'm running RoaringTop 6s 4500mah 35c packs. By far the lightest lipo for the F86 I could find for $30 less then the recommended 4000mah 60c admiral. ...that's another subject altogether. My Roaring Top's weigh 625g and deliver the 90 amps needed for my inrunner setup without barely getting warm. Break em in tho just like any other lipo.

Peace.... and my apologies for the rant.
Your the first person I've heard complain about Motion Rc.
They don't build the planes. They hold them in a warehouse and ship them. How is it their fault ?
weedsnager is offline Find More Posts by weedsnager