New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:58 PM
Find More Posts by FlyinHiAgain
AvidAirAce
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Mar 2015
136 Posts
After the hours of building this kit to my specs and other countless hours swapping out messed up retracts and an atrocious horizontal stab I finally almost have her done .

Do yourself a favor kids and order this jet from any other place but MotionRC. Unless you want the entire plane croc-skinned ready for you with damage to "pick a moving part" go with a company that has good quality back up spare parts cause Motion sure as hell doesn't for the F86.

I speak from experience and can tell you I thought the paint job would be amazing and this a pretty jet.
Up close it's not. You can see the horizontal stab deformities from across the room and there's no getting away from that croc-skin across both wings... which just so happen to be warped.

Get it together Freewing and Motion. This is too much money to look like a secondhand LX out the box.

Plan to post flight footage this weekend. Just in case your wondering I'm running RoaringTop 6s 4500mah 35c packs. By far the lightest lipo for the F86 I could find for $30 less then the recommended 4000mah 60c admiral. ...that's another subject altogether. My Roaring Top's weigh 625g and deliver the 90 amps needed for my inrunner setup without barely getting warm. Break em in tho just like any other lipo.

Peace.... and my apologies for the rant.
FlyinHiAgain is offline Find More Posts by FlyinHiAgain
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000 View Post
It's the outrunner version.

Tartago - thanks...need to flare a bit more for greasier landings
You did a great job flying it all of the way to the ground...You just need to back off of the throttle to get the nose up on final and ride the throttle to about 2' off of the ground...Reduce the throttle and initiate the flare...That plane will settle in like a butterfly with sore feet!!!...And after the mains touch you can hold back on the elevator and add a little throttle and the plane will do the nicest wheelie for as long as you like......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jan 30, 2016, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by urrl
In the pipe 5 by 5...
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
2,651 Posts
Short clip of F-16 morning flight
F-86 and Stinger Flights (5 min 21 sec)
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Jan 31, 2016, 05:26 PM
AvidAirAce
Joined Mar 2015
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Short clip of F-16 morning flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmWvDpiIJeI
That Stinger is pretty quick man. No way that's the stock 6s ryt?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by cloud9000
United States, CA, Dublin
Joined May 2009
587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
You did a great job flying it all of the way to the ground...You just need to back off of the throttle to get the nose up on final and ride the throttle to about 2' off of the ground...Reduce the throttle and initiate the flare...That plane will settle in like a butterfly with sore feet!!!...And after the mains touch you can hold back on the elevator and add a little throttle and the plane will do the nicest wheelie for as long as you like......

Kevin
Thanks for the tip Kevin!
I just need more practice landing this as it is only my second EDF I've owned. I usually fly warbirds and got the hang of greasing tail draggers pretty good. Here's one I'm proud of from this morning

Freewing 1400mm P51 Mustang repainted as Big Beautiful Doll

Freewing 1400mm RC P51 Mustang - Greased Landing (0 min 34 sec)
cloud9000 is offline Find More Posts by cloud9000
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:16 PM
AvidAirAce
Joined Mar 2015
136 Posts
If you can land a tail dragger trike gear should be a none issue.
Old Feb 01, 2016, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by mkpatrick
mkpatrick
Joined Mar 2011
2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9000 View Post
Thanks for the tip Kevin!
I just need more practice landing this as it is only my second EDF I've owned. I usually fly warbirds and got the hang of greasing tail draggers pretty good. Here's one I'm proud of from this morning

Freewing 1400mm P51 Mustang repainted as Big Beautiful Doll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5eMZAvEuyQ
That's one to aspire to....
mkpatrick is online now Find More Posts by mkpatrick
Old Feb 02, 2016, 06:08 PM
Find More Posts by Tartago
Back to EDF
Joined Apr 2006
5,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha10 View Post
It does not sound better in any way.

Exactly, the inrunner is MUCH smoother due to the superior balancing etc... Anyone that tells you any different is biased. Inrunners ALWAYS sound and perform better IME.

Plus, I've run the stock setup on a buddies F86 and I almost fell asleep. I was 80-100% throttle for the entire flight just to keep it in the air. It was terrible.
I have the in runner and a mate has the out runner version. Side by side the out runner whoosh is much pure.
The inrunner still has a electric motor sound.

The stock flies great on my mate's plane. My plane has about 20% more punch, that's all.
Tartago is online now Find More Posts by Tartago