SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:37 AM
United States, CA, Granite Bay
Joined Mar 2004
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
Steve,
Ironman...Reinhard flies with Hulk Kolb.....
they sure flew like superheroes...

still hoping they post their GoPro video
TrekBiker is offline Find More Posts by TrekBiker
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2014, 07:26 PM
Joined Apr 2012
125 Posts
It's been a slow couple of weeks on the D 36 project.. dealing with some personal things.
Below you will see the bellcrank assembly with pushrods. One hang up I came upon was the lack of heavy duty clevis's I was wanting for this. Some quick machine shop work and I know have the pieces I want. The pin for the G 10 bellcrank is actually a brass tube with the bolt fastener inside. The brass tube is a perfect slop free bearing surface and the fastener is loctite in place keeping every together. This assembly is now glued into the fin. I agree that this fin assembly with bellcranks and pushrods may seem overkill but remember that I want a bulletproof system will will hold up under the most extreme conditions. This finishes off the fuse for now. I need to build out the wing main panel and stabs to fit to the fuse before I go any further.
Speaking of wings, I want to thank Anker for working with me and cutting my wings for me. I have the experience and know how to cut my wings but with everything going on having Anker make these was a huge help. Next week I will start on the main wing panel and stabs.
Lutmi58 is online now Find More Posts by Lutmi58
Old Aug 23, 2014, 07:45 AM
dare to thermal
Mannheim, Germany
Joined May 2004
658 Posts
Wouldn´t you get problems with the rudder hinges?
Bernd Brunner is online now Find More Posts by Bernd Brunner
Old Aug 23, 2014, 01:19 PM
Joined Apr 2012
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernd Brunner View Post
Wouldn´t you get problems with the rudder hinges?
Thanks for the question. It is always good to hear from others as it make me think about the method to my madness.
There is sufficient room (1/4") between the pushrod and the leading edge of the rudder. The rudder will be hinged in the middle of the fin rather than on the side of the fin and two carbon fin edges you see will be as a wiper to the ruder.
Lutmi58 is online now Find More Posts by Lutmi58
Old Nov 02, 2014, 01:02 PM
dare to thermal
Mannheim, Germany
Joined May 2004
658 Posts
Any flight reports?
Bernd Brunner is online now Find More Posts by Bernd Brunner