HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:49 AM
Joined Dec 2014
7 Posts
I just finished the same plane, and now in process of putting monokote (cub yellow) over the wings and Fusalage. I used pinned hinges instead of the ones that came with it they last a lot longer and arent as stiff as the square solid hinges. Mine has a 4 stroke gas. also as a hint instead of using the rudder and tail rods there way with the square balsa wood and rod, use a straight rod the size you need i got two 30" and bent them to specs and they work fantastic and gave me more room inside. just a hint
williamc9 is offline Find More Posts by williamc9
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2014, 01:07 AM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY View Post
I've been asked why I don't swap engines, but the CG has a Saito .50 that purrs like a kitten and provides just the right amount of power, leaving no desire to mess with something that works so well.

I find that messing with something that is working just fine! generally never works out for the better!

"if it works, don't _ u_k with it!"
whiskykid is offline Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig Mustang 450
Old Dec 14, 2014, 05:36 AM
East Texas
Joined Aug 2007
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskykid View Post
I find that messing with something that is working just fine! generally never works out for the better!

"if it works, don't _ u_k with it!"
Yep... my experience too.
AA5BY is online now Find More Posts by AA5BY
RCG Plus Member