SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Nov 2011
89 Posts
Question
DIY Frame Build.

I currently have built a quadcopter and fly an aluminium frame in an "X" shape. I want to add my FPV equipment on the frame but being so compact I need to make a new larger one.

I using the APM from DIY Drones, flying in "X" mode, the new frame I was hoping to make in an i shape, that is the capital letter "i". The APM has two position for flight X or +. Question, does the APM care where I put, and in what shape the motors are ordinated in, just as long as its close?

To help explain my question feather, The distance between the two front motors my not be the same as the distance between the front and back motors, making the shape not a perfect X but more like the capital letter "eye" shape.

Name: Shape.png
Views: 25
Size: 5.0 KB
Description:
scallopking is offline Find More Posts by scallopking
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:17 AM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
there have been some weird frames so maybe as long as it is symmetrical? or maybe just make a deformed I that still has the motors in the same place as a normal X.

good question, im not exactly sure.
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:48 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
you can make it rectangular without issues.(I've had it up to 3x5 ratio without issues) just make sure the fcb is centered.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member