HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Dec 2009
126 Posts
Discussion
Next plane after vapor?

I've pretty much mastered the vapor. What should be my next mico? Would like one with ailerons.
qwerty11 is offline Find More Posts by qwerty11
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
Skip the micro. Buy a used T-28.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:01 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Are you wanting another plane to fly in your family room or outside in the wind?

If you've mastered a stock Vapor, put in a J-3 motor and a good battery and actually have some fun.

If you want something to fly in a larger area than a Vapor needs, but still has Trees and houses, the micro T-28 is a good 4 channel trainer
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
The um 28 is next best um, but the bigger 28 is easier to fly.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:44 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
The um 28 is next best um, but the bigger 28 is easier to fly.
Maybe easier to fly in the wind, but there are very few 4 channel planes easier to fly than a UM T-28.

To Fly a Full sized T-28 I'd have to drive 4 miles minimum to find a suitable place to fly. To fly a UM T-28, I just walk out my front toor and take off from the sidewalk.

If you live in the country or have ready access to an official flying field with a paved runway, the larger plane is a better value, but if you don't, the UM makes more sense.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Maybe easier to fly in the wind, but there are very few 4 channel planes easier to fly than a UM T-28.

To Fly a Full sized T-28 I'd have to drive 4 miles minimum to find a suitable place to fly. To fly a UM T-28, I just walk out my front toor and take off from the sidewalk.

If you live in the country or have ready access to an official flying field with a paved runway, the larger plane is a better value, but if you don't, the UM makes more sense.
True!
RCG Plus Member