HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
United States, FL, SANDERSON
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Discussion
3 in 1 oil as ARO alternative

I didn't order any after run oil with my first nitro (hpi mt2 g3.0), due to inexperience, not to mention I've been running it several times a week, and I store it in my office (dry, climate controlled). However, I'm getting ready to get an AE Monster GT, and plan to store the MT2 for a little while.

I've not received my after run oil yet, but a few friends told me I could use 3-in-1 oil as an alternative. Anyone do this or have experience with it? Searching around the net revealed nothing to this effect. Thanks!
SmokinJoeFL is offline Find More Posts by SmokinJoeFL
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:04 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
I wouldn't use 3in1 oil as ARO, if you can't get ARO I'd run ATF (automatic transmission fluid). You'll have to flush it out before the next time you run it, but it'll protect it really well.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
United States, FL, SANDERSON
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Thanks for that, wparsons. I received my ARO, so all is well. I will remember that.
SmokinJoeFL is offline Find More Posts by SmokinJoeFL