SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:26 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Pitt, that Store looks great! I will keep that URL handy. I am happy to have another store/option here in FL (headsuprc seems to be getting all the PR...).
hurc's website is much better in my opinion but to actually visit, Grave's is great. Very helpful & knowledgeable staff and they carry everything
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,593 Posts
We ordered a Slow stick today! Got a couple 400 motors without
a home, sooo.....

Ordered from Headsup, shipped in an hour from order time.
Kimber is offline Find More Posts by Kimber
Last edited by Kimber; Jan 03, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 12:05 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,480 Posts
I've still got a GWS Spitfire in the box under my build desk. One day I'll get around to it. I need to find other retracts for it. The ones I got for it are wrong way round for a Spit.
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:02 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,424 Posts
I checked out this thread because last night I got halfway through putting together my Pico Moth. Should be fun!
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
I've still got a GWS Spitfire in the box under my build desk. One day I'll get around to it. I need to find other retracts for it. The ones I got for it are wrong way round for a Spit.
I am sorry if I repeated myself. I don't think you can find any retract fit into the thin wings of Spit. Even if you do, it is not worth it. I have fit micro retracts into my Zero and hate them for ruining a good flying model (someone warned me before but I did not listen). On the other hand, I installed servoless retrace in my FW 190 and love them. I still have a P40 on my build list and I probable will fit the servoless retracts again. But for anything smaller than 40" in WS---- Don't Do It.
Vince_TT is online now Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:45 PM
Joined May 2005
43 Posts
My SS had all the parts but the #1piece on the white parts tree that was required was to large for the axel. I told mt daughter it was crazy they had to fit..... sadly I had to tell her I was wrong......... see what happens when we play together.......
flybrain76 is offline Find More Posts by flybrain76
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:30 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,299 Posts
I can remember running into the bind you're in, can't find a small enough retainer for the tail gear axle on the parts tree.

These Dubro micro wheel retainers work really well for that diameter:

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ro-Tail/Detail
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:29 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Wassenaar
Joined Sep 2010
852 Posts
Not really about GWS stuff but more like... sometimes you can't do GWS or RC plane stuff. Took a vacation with family to Hong Kong and planned to visit the Hobbyking warehouse. But wound up not buying or doing anything related to this hobby although did accidentally come up on some cool quadcopters at the night markets but no purchase. The point of this post is.... it's fun to fly but more fun to see your family having fun.

Hong Kong Ocean Park Trip Review Flip HD Camcorder Review (2 min 21 sec)
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:17 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Cool, some memories there, didn't get to the park though.
Thanks... Bart

BTW, quads are starting to show up here. GWS is now making props for the mini's.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Sep 2010
852 Posts
The RTF ladybug quads were about $40 U.S. at the night markets. At the end of one market by the Mong Kok subway stop was several shops specializing in RC. Couldn't believe the prices were much higher, about 60% to 70% higher, than Hobbyking, whose warehouse was just a few miles away. Mong Kok must be a high rent district. Of course Hobbyking can sell at the lowest prices by seliing online direct from its warehouse.

Back to GWS, I plowed my old Mosa into a chain link fence at full speed and an hour later was fully repaired with epoxy and fiberglass cloth. Credit goes to "old tech" EPS for being easily repaired. had it been an EPO version, instead of a few chunks it would be hundreds of shrapnel and bye bye Mosa.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Aug 2011
339 Posts
I thought the foam characteristics were the other way around.
rickthebrewer is offline Find More Posts by rickthebrewer
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Sep 2010
852 Posts
EPO is crunchier as in potato chips. The old GWS were softer, hence the dreaded dents by fingernails or just soft handling.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:25 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeabres View Post
EPO is crunchier as in potato chips. The old GWS were softer, hence the dreaded dents by fingernails or just soft handling.
EPO is also a lot more dense than the softer EPS foam. Very noticeable on the larger Formosa.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeabres View Post
Couldn't believe the prices were much higher, about 60% to 70% higher, than Hobbyking, whose warehouse was just a few miles away. Mong Kok must be a high rent district. Of course Hobbyking can sell at the lowest prices by seliing online direct from its warehouse.

Back to GWS, I plowed my old Mosa into a chain link fence at full speed and an hour later was fully repaired with epoxy and fiberglass cloth. Credit goes to "old tech" EPS for being easily repaired. had it been an EPO version, instead of a few chunks it would be hundreds of shrapnel and bye bye Mosa.
I found no real bargains in the high tourist traffic shops than in the US on items not made in China.

LOL My old EPS Zero has been "totaled" at least four times and still one of my best flyers.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:48 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthebrewer View Post
I thought the foam characteristics were the other way around.
Agree, EPS will bust into snow shower at high speed crash.
Vince_TT is online now Find More Posts by Vince_TT