SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:40 PM
Hornchurch, Essex, UK
Joined Jul 2006
321 Posts
Discussion
Quad 330XS maiden flight and a few questions

HI all,

brought a Gaui 330XS - and plan to fit a camera mount to it soon to either take aerial videos or perhaps fly it FPV

Tonight I just did my first ever flight with my 330XS - it was rather windy but I could not wait, found the wheels undercarriage rather bouncy, will fit the wide skid set soon.

big smile on my face now!!

heres my first attempt at flight.
Maiden flight of my Quad Gaui 300 XS (2 min 47 sec)

now a few questions.

It was flown on Green mode, then tried it on Red (after the video) and did not notice much of a difference, but its only flown for a few minutes.

what are the differences?

lastly I brought a spektrum AR6200 receiver, but the plugs go in the top and so the white cover now does not fit, does anyone know where of if you can get a bigger / higher "dome" for it.
hartrockets is offline Find More Posts by hartrockets
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:36 AM
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,134 Posts
Looks good Pete! When you're a bit more familiar with the controls, you need to get it out of ground effect as soon as possible, you'll find it's much more stable. Sorry, can't help with your questions.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:55 AM
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,471 Posts
Hart: I'm in the first flights mode too. You did much better than I did, I couldn't even get mine to fly in green mode. Red mode was much easier. Agree that it is more stable at 3ft, alot of ground effects. I've been garage flying till he wind calms, and I have the foam "training gear" on. (15 kts today again...) Have fun Dude!!!
glmccready is online now Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Apr 28, 2011, 04:15 AM
USA, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2010
1,817 Posts
On the GU-344 Green means stop and Red means Fly.

Green is hover mode and it it very difficult to control the 330X in that mode. If you were able to fly in Hover mode switch modes and you'll be surprised at how much better it flies.
Av8Chuck is offline Find More Posts by Av8Chuck