HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2011, 03:55 PM
Central Indiana
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Question
Pro-Tender or Super Pro-Tender

I've been flying rc since back in the mid 80's and have been on a hiatus since about 1990. I've dabbled in the hobby since then and I'm just now really getting back into the hobby. I still have a pro-tender kitted by Al Meyers from the Chicago area. The airplane is basically a modified 60 size Top Flight Contender, and I loved flying it back in the day. I would love to buy another kit or even the super pro-tender which appears to be a larger aircraft, maybe 120 sized. Here is the only info I have been able to find on a google search. http://winshiprc.tripod.com/citywide_fun_fly.htm

Does anyone know if Al is still around and kitting aircraft?
m.davis is offline Find More Posts by m.davis
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:25 PM
Joined Nov 2011
936 Posts
Were you able to find any information on this aircraft? I bought one at a swap meet a month ago, and I would also like to find out about it.
Logan4169 is offline Find More Posts by Logan4169
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:50 PM
USA, IN, Seymour
Joined Oct 2009
239 Posts
The only Pro-Tenders I've ever seen were in Terre Haute, IN. Check in on-line for Joe's Hobby Barn in Terre Haute. Good Luck
corsair167 is offline Find More Posts by corsair167
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined Jan 2010
5 Posts
al myers is still around living in crown point, in. the pro-tender is a highly modified taurus that looks like a contender for ease of construction. the super pro-tender has a 1050 sq. in. wing and comes in between 4 3/4 to 5 1/4 lbs. on a 40 to 46 engine. the latest one is 1412 sq.in. wing @ 5 lbs. 2 oz with a os 46. the price of balsa and age 74 has stopped the kitting but not the desire to fly. the latest are 1556 saito 82 @ 5 lbs 12 1/2 oz. 80 in. wing and in the works a 81 in. wing st G 60.
al myers is offline Find More Posts by al myers
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
Central Indiana
Joined May 2010
79 Posts
Al, good to hear you are still around and still enjoying the hobby.

I still have one of the pro-tenders I built from a short kit that I got from you back in the 1980's when the madison county r/c flyers did a group purchase. I flew it with an old ST71 for one season then was going to re-engine it with a ST61 and recover it, and as most stories end, it hasn't flown since.

I've got a ST75 to go on it now, but have been flying electric recently. I still have the desire to get it back flying, I just need the time.

I would sure like to buy another short kit from you or buy just the templates to cut the ribs and fuselage formers if they would be available. I'm actually thinking of converting my pro-tender to electric since it was built pretty light weight or if I could get another, just build it with the electric power system from the start.

Let me know if this could be possible.
m.davis is offline Find More Posts by m.davis