HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:03 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
My son made me include this picture this is what he likes to do when we have snow picture of him at ten years old.
wow1 is offline Find More Posts by wow1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2010, 10:13 PM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
flyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow1 View Post
My son made me include this picture this is what he likes to do when we have snow picture of him at ten years old.
now that's flyin
lars36 is offline Find More Posts by lars36
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:03 AM
The END.....ha!
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,898 Posts
No probs wow, damn wish we had snow that was closer than a 11 hour drive...

Yeah I like the looks of the Sky Surfer, If it's anything like the AXN Floater I have, both you and your son will have a ball. Great all round fun and easily repaired in the event of a "ooooops". I'm not sure if it applies to the Sky Surfer, but I found by upping the weight with a bigger Battery Pack My floater copes well with wind and flies quicker throttle off than with the smaller pack. May be worth investigating.

Cheers.. Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Feb 18, 2010, 07:10 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Just down loaded a couple of videos on utube will make it easy to view as soon as I know how Search Banana hobby sky surfer
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:49 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Just down loaded a couple of videos on utube will make it easy to view as soon as I know how Search Banana hobby sky surfer
Do you have a link to the videos?
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Feb 19, 2010, 08:21 AM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Not sure how to link but if you search banana hobby sky surfer out of the box review it will come up he made a couple of videos last night
Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Not sure how to link but if you search banana hobby sky surfer out of the box review it will come up he made a couple of videos last night
The kid did a better job on the actual assembly. Here is that video HERE Well, done, young man.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Feb 19, 2010, 06:36 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Thanks AJ for making the link available James will be gluing his plane together tonight. I liked the assembly video better as well. I know he had a great time making them Pete better watch out he may be the next king of UTube!!!! Hopefully we can record his first flight with this plane stay tuned may be interesting viewing.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 04:50 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I liked the bloopers best.. shows a great father and son relationship
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:43 AM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
Bloopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I liked the bloopers best.. shows a great father and son relationship
just not to many when flying
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:58 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
Just flew the sky surfer and WOW this thing has great big gobs of power. Climbing happened so quick I was amazed. Powered glider I guess so loops and rolls easily. My son flew it no problem. I managed to jam it into the ground while doing an inverted fly by. This thing is tough slammed it into the ground and was back in the air minutes later. This plane will take off at one third throttle with ease. At full throttle it climbs out wicked fast. Just cant say enough about how nice this plane is to fly. Extremely stable at slow speed and high speed as well. I know its a powered glider but it really hauls butt. Best thing is it was only $139.00 fantastic value thanks Banana Hobby this plane has really exceeded our expectations.

Karl & James
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:22 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
I have a couple of videos quality is marginal it was late and the cameras not the best.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:53 PM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
wild hawk

Quote:
Just flew the sky surfer and WOW this thing has great big gobs of power. Climbing happened so quick I was amazed. Powered glider I guess so loops and rolls easily. My son flew it no problem. I managed to jam it into the ground while doing an inverted fly by. This thing is tough slammed it into the ground and was back in the air minutes later. This plane will take off at one third throttle with ease. At full throttle it climbs out wicked fast. Just cant say enough about how nice this plane is to fly. Extremely stable at slow speed and high speed as well. I know its a powered glider but it really hauls butt. Best thing is it was only $139.00 fantastic value thanks Banana Hobby this plane has really exceeded our expectations.

Karl & James
tried my wild hawk yesterday...........no go not enough power, low battery, not sure. maybe again tomorrow
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:07 PM
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
wild hawk

it went up..............it came down..........middle of the road....................nose dive..........nothing a little glue can't fix
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
upstate NY
Joined Jan 2010
422 Posts
James and I flew his plane about five times yesterday it flew great. I would apply full power for 10 or 15 seconds and glide for a minute or so. Landing was easy just required a little more space because of really good glider traits. We're supposed to get eighteen inches of snow tonight so flying will be on hold for a little bit. Taped a small led flash light to the nose looked awesome and flew just as well.