HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2014, 08:07 AM
Joined Jun 2014
126 Posts
Discussion
1993 Ace Puddle Master kit!

After indulging in the foam frenzy for quite some time, I thought id go back to the old school of modeling, and.......BUILD A KIT! I got this kit 20 years ago, and have built a good number of planes, but not a water plane! I got HOOKED into water planes thanks to the first T&L I made with my Fly Zone Beaver.........just AWESOME! Of course, I have a MILLION Questions with this thing as I have NO IDEA as to what use for power/ESC/Battery, as what was required 20 years ago was SO different.....rec motor/battery for this plane is an Astro Colbalt 05/800-1700mah SCR 6-7 cell battery pack! Any of you old timers remember this stuff? I really hope you folks can help me as I "stumble" thru this project! I will try to post some pics along the way, so maybe someone could offer advice based on what they see!
Some bits on the plane:
wingspan-48"
length-27"
weight-44oz (I can only assume this is the flying weight.....isn't specified...)
The motor is mounted on 2 pine uprights in front of the wing using a pulling prop...I would like change this by making this a pusher prop set up with a motor pod on the wing of some sort...
The fuselage is the main planning surface, with an outrigger sponson on each side of the wing..its a mid wing design, more or less....ive heard this float set up can be a little tricky on take off as the wing sponsons can catch the water and "trip" the airplane......ive have no idea!
I will stop there and see what kind input you all come up with....any advice, suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!
Bill Gibson is online now Find More Posts by Bill Gibson
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2014, 09:05 AM
Joined Jun 2014
126 Posts
WOW! 84 views, and not a peep! Very disappointing......
Old Oct 06, 2014, 05:44 PM
USA, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Sep 2008
130 Posts
Bill
My Buddy has one of these, We flew it Sat at Lake Ritchie, Va
Farm Float Fly, He is sending me his Motor, esc, Battery info
and I will post it to you as soon as it gets here.

It is a great FunFlyer, Takes off in no time never had a tip over
or any problems with it. it is the first plane that we take to float fly's that gets flown. No matter the wind or weather.
Cliff
Clavin01 is online now Find More Posts by Clavin01
Old Oct 06, 2014, 06:31 PM
USA, MD, Glen Burnie
Joined Sep 2008
130 Posts
OK here are the specs

My Puddlemaster has a Super Tiger speed 400 motor, a Super Tiger 20 ESC, and flies very well.

Cliff
Clavin01 is online now Find More Posts by Clavin01
Old Oct 07, 2014, 04:10 AM
Joined Jun 2014
126 Posts
Thanks CLAVIN1! I was so hoping someone would have one of these! ANY pics, or info you can come up with would be GREATLY appreciated! Finding out what motor/ESC to use is a BIG HELP TO THIS NOVICE!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:08 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
379 Posts
Had one of these years ago when my building and flying skills were not real good. So needless to say it did not survive very long. Anyone no where a NIB one could be found?
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb