HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:04 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
I'm grateful for the offer Sir, Hey no sweat I designed these Birds to be darn near indestructible.
I was worried that nose cone looks a little on the fragile side, it's hard to tell from the pictures..
Roughly how much would one of these cost?
And could you do one in a coex livery?
nopistn is offline Find More Posts by nopistn
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopistn View Post
I was worried that nose cone looks a little on the fragile side, it's hard to tell from the pictures..
Roughly how much would one of these cost?
And could you do one in a coex livery?
The Fiberglass Nose Cone is pretty strong . .. . as strong as fiberglass can be.

If your talking about a 145? the kit is about 125 or so plus shipping and a completed one not including electronics is about 200 or so.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
The Fiberglass Nose Cone is pretty strong . .. . as strong as fiberglass can be.

If your talking about a 145? the kit is about 125 or so plus shipping and a completed one not including electronics is about 200 or so.
cool, I'll probably order a completed one.
nopistn is offline Find More Posts by nopistn
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:58 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopistn View Post
cool, I'll probably order a completed one.
Good choice Sir!

But before I do anything let my fly these prototypes first and make any ajustments that are nessasary.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:55 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
145 Nacel sanding

Now I've competed the 145s Nacel's first run in with the sanding pit . . . .I'd say 2 more visits to go.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:56 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
Keenan smith's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
you adding Reversers????

K
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
you adding Reversers????

K
Wouldn't it be a little non-sense to have t/r without brakes or spoilers?

I think it would be good enough just to have a little bit of flaps. The real thing lands better with flaps 22 than 45 btw.
nopistn is offline Find More Posts by nopistn
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:30 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
you adding Reversers????

K
Nahh to small of a plane for reversers.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopistn View Post
Wouldn't it be a little non-sense to have t/r without brakes or spoilers?

I think it would be good enough just to have a little bit of flaps. The real thing lands better with flaps 22 than 45 btw.
Actually you could add them with Micro linear servos but it would be for show. . .it would not really be nessesary.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:21 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
there we go thinking big again. scale add ons are nice, but they add weight for little effect. I say build a plane that flies, then worry about scaleism later on. I'd rather have a nice flying model, than one with all the bells and whistles that will never get off the ground because of them.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:09 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
there we go thinking big again. scale add ons are nice, but they add weight for little effect. I say build a plane that flies, then worry about scaleism later on. I'd rather have a nice flying model, than one with all the bells and whistles that will never get off the ground because of them.

Spoken Like a true Englishman . . .I mean Canadianman or Human or something Lol!

But I agree I add things that will help the overall performance of the plane I.E flaps ,slats, retracts, better edf's or motors, batteries, making the plane lighter ETC.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:10 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
yup, cause that makes sense. but adding crap like airbrakes that are proven not to work that well on a model just means extra weight for zero gains. makes no sense. just build a damn plane that flies and get on with it. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:11 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
not saying you are Chris. just making a general statement for those that might be reading.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:19 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
15,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
not saying you are Chris. just making a general statement for those that might be reading.
I totally agree Rich, sometimes all the Factory options are nice . . .But they come at a price.
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
yup, cause that makes sense. but adding crap like airbrakes that are proven not to work that well on a model just means extra weight for zero gains. makes no sense. just build a damn plane that flies and get on with it. LOL.
The speed brakes dont even work that well on the real thing at lower speeds. You can really feel the difference at 320kts, but below 250 the gear/flaps do a better job of actually slowing the airplane down.
nopistn is offline Find More Posts by nopistn
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Embraer ERJ-145 build jdlilfan RC Airliners (Commercial, Cargo, Troop Carrier) 220 Jun 14, 2014 04:28 AM
Build Log Erj-145 rmackelvey Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 67 Apr 07, 2012 07:35 PM
Discussion Project - ERJ-145 XR FANMAN Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 61 Jul 26, 2008 07:42 PM
For Sale Airplane model ERJ-145 modelplane Non R/C Items (FS/W) 3 Oct 16, 2005 10:31 AM
Need Info on Bombardier CRJ200 and Embraer ERJ-145 Regecide Life, The Universe, and Politics 0 Oct 15, 2003 09:17 PM