HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by orange&white, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,068 Posts
That wing is pure Bird of Time.

And ... that other model, from the '40s.
bogbeagle is offline Find More Posts by bogbeagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:42 PM
Edubarca
Colombia, South America
Joined Oct 2009
1,209 Posts
"That other model from the 40s" is the ultra famous Thermic 100 designed by Frank Zaic and perhaps the most beautiful old time sailplane ever made!!! And it flies beautifully. I made one in the 90s and it was superb. Stupidly enough, I sold it!! Will make it again, some day.
Edubarca is online now Find More Posts by Edubarca
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Searching back into my files I also found this:
Newtmagick is offline Find More Posts by Newtmagick
Last edited by Newtmagick; Dec 03, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
[QUOTE=bogbeagle;23422177]That wing is pure Bird of Time.

I was given a partially built Bird of Time and some day hope to use the wing for a model of the Wolf which has been one of my long time favorites. I have also built several Thermic 72's and a whole bunch of Thermic 50's which have that same wing planform. Before WWII Frank Zaic was in Germany and had the opertunity to fly the Minimoa. I guess that is where he got that wing design.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
Beagle B206 Basset Twin

I have an old B206 Basset digitized plan on file.
I have not cleaned it up. Its a control line just waiting to be converted into RC.
stallwort is offline Find More Posts by stallwort
Last edited by stallwort; Dec 03, 2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: inadvertantly inserted hyphan
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Jul 2011
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallwort View Post
I have an old B206 Basset digitized plan on file.
I have not cleaned it up. Its a control line just waiting to be converted into RC.
Would you be willing to post a copy of it here.

like to have a look.
Ratracer is offline Find More Posts by Ratracer
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:32 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for the answer. Nice web page.
The engine shown is the much later version of the Meteore which is the shaft induction type.
The one I have managed to obtain is the earlier side-port version.
Thanks again.
Frog 50 is offline Find More Posts by Frog 50
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:39 AM
WMD
Bradford, UK
Joined Jan 2010
1,196 Posts
Thought you might like this link. I haven't seen these pages before and janyx kindly sent me this:

I just found this link http://www.sam78.cz/apr_list/index.php. There are many(380) Czechoslovakian model plans here. Not in scale, but all dimensions needed for building. Hope you like it.

They seem to be all one page (8 x 10?) scans, but at quite good scan quality, and there are lots of interesting models.

Here's a couple of thumbnails at random - 1949 G-Sokol and 1947 Brewster Buffalo

WMD is online now Find More Posts by WMD
Last edited by WMD; Dec 06, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Thought you might like this link. I haven't seen these pages before and janyx kindly sent me this:

I just found this link http://www.sam78.cz/apr_list/index.php. There are many(380) Czechoslovakian model plans here. Not in scale, but all dimensions needed for building. Hope you like it.

They seem to be all one page (8 x 10?) scans, but at quite good scan quality, and there are lots of interesting models.

Here's a couple of thumbnails at random - 1949 G-Sokol and 1947 Brewster Buffalo

Great site. One I will visit often . Much thanks
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Aug 2010
79 Posts
Hi All
Does any one have the print sheet, ie, formers ect, for the Veron tru-flite Chilton D.W.1.
Thank you.
helmsman is online now Find More Posts by helmsman
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:39 AM
Dorset, England
Joined Aug 2005
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmsman View Post
Hi All
Does any one have the print sheet, ie, formers ect, for the Veron tru-flite Chilton D.W.1.
Thank you.
This plan including the PW was posted to Hippocket Plans site by Daithi last January

Regards

Bridon
Bridon is online now Find More Posts by Bridon
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:16 AM
Tampere, Finland
Joined Nov 2004
4,270 Posts
Chilton D.W.1.

I think the files posted in this thread, before, didn't have the printwood. Here's the one Daithi posted on HPA:
perttime is offline Find More Posts by perttime
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Aug 2010
79 Posts
Thank you Perttime, just the job. this is my next model for indoor rc. Have a great christmas.
Terry
helmsman is online now Find More Posts by helmsman
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
United Kingdom, Tonbridge
Joined Oct 2011
190 Posts
Sultan and DH 108 Swallow

Continuing the look at plans from the July 1952 Aeromodeller here are the Sultan and the DH108 Swallow.

The Sultan is a mid wing free flight sports model designed by Bernard Wildman. It has a semi scale appearance with a wing span of 49 inches. It was designed for an engine range of 1.3 to 2cc, which bring to mind two popular engines of the time - the Mills 1.3 and the ED Comp Special. The original used the Mills option. It looks a very tempting build, just right for radio assist.

The Swallow on the other hand is a scale model designed for use with the Jetex 100. It was designed by D. Golding and has a wing span of 19 inches. It is a model with clean lines and really typifies the excitement that abounded in the British air industry post war. I', not really sure if she would make a suitable flying model with the carved log fuselage. Maybe I've been led astray by all the stringered fuselage models typical of the Jetex type. It would still make a beautiful static model.

As an aside for those that have been following, Steve from Outerzone has begun to load .DWG files onto his server. I will be forwarding .DWG files of both drawings to him so those that have a CAD package can see the original. If you haven't got a CAD package try DraftSight which is a free download.
hogal is offline Find More Posts by hogal
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:34 AM
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
2,580 Posts
Bernard Wildman is still with us but, to best of my knowledge, no longer active in modelling. A clubmate in the early 50s, I saw his uncovered Sultan at a club (Enfield) exhibition - back in the days when the public was interested in model aviation - and it remains in my memory as an attractive, beautifully built piece of craftsmanship, an example to me compared to my efforts at the time.

Have had a plan in my files for years.....
Applehoney is online now Find More Posts by Applehoney