HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:50 PM
Australia, NSW, East Maitland
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
Gday! Mirage III

Gday Guys

I'm new here, though not new to "forum" scenes. Being a nerd, I am a member of quite a few PC building forum and have posted many build logs.

I have been looking at EDF Jets for a few years now. Seeing this Mirage III has me considering biting the bullet.

I am a complete noob with RC aircraft, though as a kid I had a string line Testor Spitfire which didn't last long. lols I am an aircraft fan, building heaps of plastic models and enjoy flying aircraft in PC game ie Battlefield series.

One of my first purchases as a apprentice was a RC "Wild Willy" Tamiya (87) and last built a Tamiya "Baja 4wd Buggy" in 2000. So I do have some basic idea of RC.

I am looking forward to contributing where possible and truly appreciate any help in my new venture.

Cheers Bob
bobbavet is offline Find More Posts by bobbavet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:50 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,456 Posts
Sorry Bob didnt see your post here, it doesnt notify me of new threads.

My suggestion is to get a decent radio first, like a Futaba 6EX 2.4G digital, it has enough features to be able to fly 5-6 channel jets down the track. Then look at a solid trainer, something like the parkzone trojan, and find a park or reserve close by where guys are flying electric, go check them out, talk to them, and you should be able to find someone who can help you get into the learning curve. The Trojan is tough and easy to repair, flies nicely and has been used by a few guys to learn on with good success.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC