HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2014, 03:06 AM
Joined Apr 2013
11 Posts
Wrench Size

Sadly I just broke my shaft today. Can I use a hex socket wrench to remove the nut? If so, should I use a 4.5mm , 5mm or 5.5mm socket wrench since I'm not sure about the nut size.
kartman13 is offline Find More Posts by kartman13
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2014, 04:37 PM
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Slowing down? Swap that prop

My son's ft007 slowed down dramatically after only 2 batteries. It seemed like it was working hard and making a lot of noise and splash but not getting anywhere. After a lot of troubleshooting, I swapped props and it is back up to full speed. The old prop didn't even look bad, just the slightest bit abraded on the leading edge of one blade.
jeff93063 is offline Find More Posts by jeff93063
Old Jun 21, 2014, 05:40 PM
Joined Apr 2013
11 Posts
Hey jeff, What size tool did you use to replace the propeller?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 05:41 PM
Joined Apr 2013
11 Posts
Hey jeff, What size tool did you use to replace the propeller? ?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 05:48 PM
Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman13 View Post
Hey jeff, What size tool did you use to replace the propeller? ?
5mm
Old Jun 21, 2014, 06:38 PM
Joined Apr 2013
11 Posts
Thanks. BTW, did you use a regular spanner or a hex socket wrench?
Old Jun 21, 2014, 07:09 PM
Joined May 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman13 View Post
Thanks. BTW, did you use a regular spanner or a hex socket wrench?
I used a socket but the rudder gets in the way. You'd be better off with a wrench or even a little crescent wrench. Grip the nut with it and just grab the fan near the motor and turn it with your hand.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:28 PM
Madrid (SPAIN)
Joined Apr 2009
35 Posts
I am unable to bind ft007 with Flysky GT3B following below intructions. I can see the flashes when the reciever goes into bind mode but if I power the GT3B at this moment in binding mode nothing happens. Any suggestions? do I need to update the GT3Bīs firmware or something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirPatoine View Post
The receiver goes into bind mode as soon as you power up the boat. You'll have to put it in water or do the mod to bypass the safety (discussed earlier in the thread). I did the mod.

If you power up the boat in a dark room you can see the receiver light flash through the hull. It flashes rapidly as soon as you supply power. You only have a few seconds before it starts slowly flashing which I think just means it failed to bind.

All you need to do is power up the boat and then very quickly turn on your flysky radio while holding down the bind button. You've got to be fast. Then turn the radio off and back on and you will be good to go. After the first time it just binds up without any problems at all.
pizcolq is offline Find More Posts by pizcolq
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:04 AM
Brazil
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm pretty new here.
I've a FT007, it arrived from Ebay last month and I played two weeks with it.

My FT007 is losing control, it sometimes just doesn't work. I noticed that the red light is working and suddenly the TX x boat lose the control and the red light starts blink.

Please, what can be the problem?
wessclemente is offline Find More Posts by wessclemente
Last edited by wessclemente; Jul 10, 2014 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:58 AM
Joined Apr 2014
48 Posts
have you done the safety by pass?
hangtheman is offline Find More Posts by hangtheman
Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:26 PM
Joined Jun 2014
71 Posts
Hello everyone and sorry for the long read.

I already have 2 brushed micro boats, a K Marine 7009 and a Josway Magic Cat.I've collected alot of ft007 parts intending to use them as spares for my 7009 but I never needed them, I even have a hull and canopy.I recently bought a Flysky Tx so I decided to piece all of my ft007 spares together to build a brushless ft007, I already have the hull and rudder complete, I just need to pick up a motor, esc and propshaft.

I've never messed with a brushless motor though.I found a great deal on these water cooled motors and esc's so I just want to make sure the can dimensions are what I'm looking for?I can get this motor in 3000 or 4000 kv.Thanks again for your time.

Motor Dimension:
Can Dimension: 25x L40mm
Shaft Dimension: 2.3mm x L10mm
Weight: 73gram / 2.6oz
micromodder is online now Find More Posts by micromodder
Old Jul 10, 2014, 05:51 PM
Joined Jun 2014
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromodder View Post
Hello everyone and sorry for the long read.

I already have 2 brushed micro boats, a K Marine 7009 and a Josway Magic Cat.I've collected alot of ft007 parts intending to use them as spares for my 7009 but I never needed them, I even have a hull and canopy.I recently bought a Flysky Tx so I decided to piece all of my ft007 spares together to build a brushless ft007, I already have the hull and rudder complete, I just need to pick up a motor, esc and propshaft.

I've never messed with a brushless motor though.I found a great deal on these water cooled motors and esc's so I just want to make sure the can dimensions are what I'm looking for?I can get this motor in 3000 or 4000 kv.Thanks again for your time.

Motor Dimension:
Can Dimension: 25x L40mm
Shaft Dimension: 2.3mm x L10mm
Weight: 73gram / 2.6oz

I used google to convert metric to inches.It seems like that motor has very similar dimensions as the factory ft007 motor.Im compolsive so I guess I'm going to order the 4000 kv and find out what happens lol.
micromodder is online now Find More Posts by micromodder
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:42 AM
Brazil
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangtheman View Post
have you done the safety by pass?

Hi Hangtheman,

I didn't understand , what would be it? could you explain, please?
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:21 AM
Joined Apr 2014
48 Posts
The ft007 has 2 wires that are connected to the metal screws on the bottom of the boat and the metal propeller shaft. When you put this boat in water, the water completes the circuit of the two wires, allowing the motor to run. This is designed as a safety so the boat won't run out of water. However, it has been known to cause problems similar to what you are describing. The bypass is to physically connect these two wires in inside the boat, thus disabling the safety, but removing the potential for the issue you describe. Read the earlier post in this thread. It explains how to do it.
hangtheman is offline Find More Posts by hangtheman
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:00 PM
Brazil
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangtheman View Post
The ft007 has 2 wires that are connected to the metal screws on the bottom of the boat and the metal propeller shaft. When you put this boat in water, the water completes the circuit of the two wires, allowing the motor to run. This is designed as a safety so the boat won't run out of water. However, it has been known to cause problems similar to what you are describing. The bypass is to physically connect these two wires in inside the boat, thus disabling the safety, but removing the potential for the issue you describe. Read the earlier post in this thread. It explains how to do it.
Hi Hangtheman,

Thank u so much to answer. I'll do it these days and post here after.
Thanks so far.